Delta 1010

anyone using one with N-Track 4?

I have an issue with pops and clicks using the Delta 1010 and Ntrack 4. I have the latest 1010 drivers. I have tried buffer settings, updated all drivers, 16, 24 bit, everything I can think of aside from rebuilding my machine.

The 1010 works fine with other mutitrack software I have tried. It seems I am not the only one with this problem as others on the forums do to…

My machine is for recording only and is never online. . .

1.7 Ghz with a gig of memory running Windows 2000.

I’m using a Delta 1010 with n-track 4 and I’m not having any pops or clicks. I’m running an Athlon 2200 on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe board with XP Home.

It’s interesting that this is the second time in the last couple weeks I’ve seen a post from someone having a pop and click problem with the 1010. Mine has worked flawlessly. I wonder if it has something to do with the chipset on the mobo. The Asus board I have has the NVidea n-force chipset which has a good reputation for recording apps.

Are you running a Celeron? The other guy who was having problems had a Celeron processor. Just reaching for straws here…

I’m using 2 Delta 1010s with N v.4 and it’s been great. I’m using the WDM drivers, and like 8th_note an ASUS A7N8X(-X, actually, which is single-channel for the RAM rather than dual).

I never had good luck with N and the ASIO drivers, although it seems to work well with Sonar and the ASIO drivers.

Gig of RAM here too (PC3200).

HTH.

BJ

Good point about the drivers, Raven. I also use the WDM drivers.

I’m running a Xeon processor, not sure about the chipset. I’ve mainly tried Asio but have also tried WDM and had the same problem.

What are the advantages, disadvatages to Asio vs WDM? It selected the Asio on default so I’ve pretty much stuck with it and just changed it to troubleshoot.

The thing that gets me is I can use the 1010 with a number of different audio aps FLAWLESSLY. I really like the look and feel of N-Track (closer to a real mixer) but I’m starting to think I wasted my money. :(

I’ve got a Xeon dual-proc in my office (day job). I don’t know that much about it except that it screams during some perf tests and is real slug at others. Since it’s a dual-proc and hyper-threaded Windows reports it has having four processors. It easily beats a 2.2 ghz P4 running some benchmarks, yet the text logging to the screen is so slow that it causes the whole test pass to take 8 times longer to run. The Xeon is a 1 ghz machine.

The machine is optimized for server use so screen updates are not critical. There’s no way ANY recent game would run on it because of the nearly useless video. No – replacing the onboard video with a newer high-performance PCI card did not make it go any faster. That was really odd in my opinion. But this particular machine is strictly intended to be used as a server. It is running Windows 2003 Server since there are no drivers for the harddrive controller available for WinXp. WinServ2003 supported it in-box. It’s some kind of special SCSI III.

This Xeon has no AGP support – the chipset doesn’t support it at all – so all video is strictly PCI bus. If your Xeon has no AGP then it’s very possible that the video on the PCI bus is causing your problems.

Quote (phoo @ Aug. 24 2005,12:46)
If your Xeon has no AGP then it's very possible that the video on the PCI bus is causing your problems.

It's a dual processor workstation but it's only got one 1.7 Ghz processor in it (for now). It's got a dual matrox PCI card, however, I have completley disabled it, used the lowest resolution, disabled graphics excelleration, etc. It does not fix the problem so I don't think it's the video card.

Also, it works with Adobe Audition, and older version of cakewalk so I'm thinking it's N-Track as opposed to my machine. :(

The latest version drivers isn’t always the best solution. Using different hardware, MOTU in my case, updating drivers seems to have caused the same pops and clicks you mention. Reverted back to older drivers so pops and clicks went away.

Quote (weekendtracker @ Aug. 24 2005,14:05)
The latest version drivers isn't always the best solution. Using different hardware, MOTU in my case, updating drivers seems to have caused the same pops and clicks you mention. Reverted back to older drivers so pops and clicks went away.

Hmmm. Interesting. That's one thing I haven't tried. I figured the latest was the greatest. I wonder if anyone else is using the newest drivers and having success.

Thanks.
Quote (More Complete @ Aug. 25 2005,07:48)
Quote (weekendtracker @ Aug. 24 2005,14:05)
The latest version drivers isn't always the best solution. Using different hardware, MOTU in my case, updating drivers seems to have caused the same pops and clicks you mention. Reverted back to older drivers so pops and clicks went away.

Hmmm. Interesting. That's one thing I haven't tried. I figured the latest was the greatest. I wonder if anyone else is using the newest drivers and having success.

Thanks.

No such luck. Same problems. Ahh!!! :mad:

Delta 1010 on Ntrack 4 here. Using WDM on W2K, 2.4mhz P4 on ASUS P4B-266C. No problems except figuring out how to get the right flow of sound from the rack unit, through the mixer applet, through to N-track, at first. No pops or clicks to speak of.

Man. I’m at a real loss here. The only thing I can think of to do is try another video card. I don’t think it will help though. :(

Okay, I think I know what it is. I had a look at my IRQ setting and my Delta 1010 is sharing IRQ #11 with about 6 other things.

Can someone fill me in on how to set a dedicated IRQ for the 1010?