do I nedd win xp

Dear n track users

I have just upgraded to the ver 4 from 3.3. I am running windows 98 se.

The ver 4 has obviously got some great additions.
However, Firstly when I tried to burn a disk I was informed that it only worked on Win XP.
Secondly I noticed that when I use the mouse to move the mixer about the screen that multiple images are being produced until I stop moving it.
Thirdly when I try to using the EQ whilst listening to the song the programme will lock up and It becomes unstable to run, meaning I have to keep on re-booting.

Are all these problems because I am not running Win XP ?

Your sincerely

Nigel Wright

Based on the information in your question, I would say it’s more of a proccesor problem than an OS one. Not shure of the requirments for 4.0 but I’m shure the info on that is on the main faq. page. I know plenty of people who used Xp ans were unhappy and switched back to Windows98. As far as you burning a disk, not shure what that has to do with ntrack, but it sounds like the burner you bought requires XP, I’d check the box for system requirements on that.
Without knowing what speed proc. your running on i can’t say much more about the cause of your troubles.
BTW
Make shure Ntrack is running at highest priority in the preferences box. Make shure ALL OTHER MUSIC RELATED PROGRAMS ARE CLOSED. Ie winamp/ realplay ect. And any other program you don’t need as well. Generally opperating systems have nothing to do with your computers ability to handle the ongoing functions. If you put Windows95 on a 2.6 gig proccessor for example you would have no problems doing any of the things your talkin’ about (speed wise) you may still have other problems…tehe…
hope this helps, if not hang in there and someone more knowledgable will chime in.

keep shinin’

jerm

Quote (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 12 2004,16:39)
As far as you burning a disk, not shure what that has to do with ntrack, but it sounds like the burner you bought requires XP ...

Or could it be that n is simply taking advantage of XP's built-in CD burning abilities rather than incorporating its own burning technology?