Do You Like My Lead Tone Here? (Clip Inside - Satr

I went for the wettest lead tone I’ve ever used up to this point. Do you like what I came up with? Not really impressed with my clean tone but wasn’t really trying hard with that one.

The guitar was a bit out of tune by the end (I was bending the hell out of the strings). I used my trusty old EBMM Petrucci through the Mark IV. This may be one of the last clips I make for a little while.

Advice or suggestions welcome!

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/46-Forgotten%20Pt%202.mp3

It sounds great man - you always do. Bend’em!

It’s very good. I liked very much.

PACO

Hate it… it sux… (kiddin’… just jealous!) :laugh:

Awesome tone… nice groove you got goin’… :agree:

D

Yeah I like your guit sound! good sound throughout the whole track, great sustain, really sings. I like how the song ends too, good one!

The tone is fat, but still cuts.
:agree: I read an article in TapeOp earlier this week that said something to the effect that the better the tone, the fewer notes necessary. You definitely proved the truth in that statement.

I wonder if that rule works in reverse - the more notes, the poorer the tone? that might explain a lot of speed metal…

Sounds great to me, Gisbon! :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 29 2008, 11:37 AM)

I wonder if that rule works in reverse - the more notes, the poorer the tone?
that might explain a lot of speed metal...

Sounds great to me, Gisbon!
:agree:

There is some truth in that IMO... Gibson has struck a nice balance there. That's a tone that can "sing" a few tones or "sting" with a lot of notes. In other words, it's a tone the player can't hide behind. The most difficult solo's I ever recorded were tunes that called for clean tones. There's no distortion to enhance sustain or "gloss over" the boo-boos... I'm sure you pickers know what I mean.

Gibson has a good tone happnin' it also requires great effort on his part, which he does very well, to pull it off. Nice! :agree:

D

is this a satriani tune? sounds familiar, and sounds like his stuff, including that tone.

Thanks guys! Appreciate you listening. I love my gear combination (Mesa Mark IV and Ernie ball Petrucci). I am thinking about adding a Splawn Quick Rod to get a bit or of a hot rodded Marshall flavor as well.

BTW, it is a cover of a Satriani tune called Forgotten Part 2.

Good sound gib,
Just right, always helps to have a few chops too! Nice playin :agree:
Levi

Thats really good Gibson. How the heck did you remember it all? Or was it improv?
Great work there!

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Dec. 04 2008, 5:05 PM)

Thats really good Gibson. How the heck did you remember it all? Or was it improv?
Great work there!

Thanks guys!

spreadercraig,

It was all from memory. Some of it I had to improvise but the melody was kept intact.

Really nice :agree: beautiful tone. Lets hear part one!

Ange x