Does the Android app support Midi devices?

I have a midi keyboard connected to my Android phone through a USB OTG adapter. I know this configuration is supposed to work because a few apps like Synthesia actually do work with the keyboard.

However, I cannot for the life of me get N-track Studio to recognize the keyboard. I can barely find any references to midi at all, not counting things like “midi keyboards” which are actually on-screen instruments, but the user guide and promotional videos vaguely indicate that this is supported.

Am I missing something here?

Been thinking of dipping a toe into this area. I spotted something on here regarding drivers and OTG. Might be of some help.

http://www.extreamsd.com/index.p…android

Quote: (Telion @ Oct. 17 2017, 5:42 AM)

I have a midi keyboard connected to my Android phone through a USB OTG adapter. I know this configuration is supposed to work because a few apps like Synthesia actually do work with the keyboard.

However, I cannot for the life of me get N-track Studio to recognize the keyboard. I can barely find any references to midi at all, not counting things like "midi keyboards" which are actually on-screen instruments, but the user guide and promotional videos vaguely indicate that this is supported.

Am I missing something here?

USB support on Android depends heavily on your particular Android device.
I've just tested and I was able to connect a MIDI keyboard with the latest version of n-Track for Android.
As soon as you plug the keyboard cable a "Choose an app for the USB device" prompt should appear that asks you what app you want to use with the keyboard. Perhaps you have previously answered the prompt telling Android to always use another app for MIDI USB? If that's the case you could try to temporarily uninstall the other app and check if the prompt appears again.

Flavio.