Don't Make Me

New song

Hey guys, new song I recorded in n-Track called ‘Don’t Make Me’. It’s pretty heavy I guess.

Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

The mix sounds good. I can’t really tell what the lyrics are, but I like the music. Cool.

Sounds really cool music wise. Can’t figure out the lyrics except for maybe “Love me?” somewhere.

Can I ask what kind of dist. you’re using? Noise Gates? AMP is mic’d? Just curious how to get that sound out of the guitar. :)

Thanks.

yeah, this could be really cool…the vocals need cleanup

Nice guitar sound.
The feedback effect is cool right at the beginning, but it gets annoying very quickly… Ugh.

I agree with John’s comments, plus that vocal performance is something else. I’d be in serious pain after singing like that. Cool song and generally good production work. Love the energy.

Quote (fmike2mike @ Mar. 23 2005,10:45)
Sounds really cool music wise. Can't figure out the lyrics except for maybe "Love me?" somewhere.

Can I ask what kind of dist. you're using? Noise Gates? AMP is mic'd? Just curious how to get that sound out of the guitar. :)

Thanks.

Thanks man. It's a song expressing my disdain for the stupidity of a pastor at my now former church. At the end I'm screaming 'you don't love me'.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but I used a POD XT to record the guitar sound. I saw one in the music store, and it had a USB port. I couldn't resist. :$

I can't remember which models I used exactly. But I do remember using the simulated SM57 for micing lol.

I used to swear at digital, now I swear by it (I previously used a Mesa V-Twin).
Quote (John @ April 02 2005,13:21)
Nice guitar sound.
The feedback effect is cool right at the beginning, but it gets annoying very quickly... Ugh.

Thanks. The feeback is actually due to the vocals (I ran them through the POD XT as well). I'm gonna have to edit those tracks manually, as I don't think a noise gate could do the job.
Quote (ksdb @ April 03 2005,23:19)
I agree with John's comments, plus that vocal performance is something else. I'd be in serious pain after singing like that. Cool song and generally good production work. Love the energy.

Hey thanks man, that is exactly what I was going for. :D

And it was hard, and my vocals were spent. The first take I actually puked from screaming so hard. Then I had to punch in to finish the end of the first track, and even did a 2nd take of vocals for that twinned effect you hear.

All in all it was fun to record :)

Thanks for the comments :)