Don't you just love noob's who give up....

and sell their gear off CHEAP!?!?!?

I picked up a brand spankin’ new MIM Fender Strat, a Crate 15W practice amp and a Digitech RP-200 pedal this past weekend for a lousy 300 frog skins! The guitar still had the protective plastic on it! I reckon the guy bought it thinking “Oh this is gonna be EASY! I’ll be a geetar god!” Anyway he got his uncle (our bass player at church) to sell his stuff for him.

After a little clean-up, new strings and a setup, the Strat is SAHWEET. Especially considering the price. The little amp is OK for sitting around noodling or working on the chops. The pedal is a little flaky. Gotta bust into it and get some contact cleaner to it.

All in all though…not a bad deal!

TG

I love the MIM Strats…especially the 57 reissues. My favorite one was stolen in NYC last spring! I think I have gone through a couple of them in different configs over the last 5-6 years. they take alot of abuse in my experience…

Yeah. This is my second. My main axe for playing out is a MIM Strat that I dropped Carvin p’ups in. A C22 humbucker at the bridge and AP11 singles mid/neck. You can get a TON of tones outta that thing and I didn’t have to sell a kidney to buy it.

This second is for my son to use with his band. I’m trying to show him there is more to guitar than a Les Paul and a Death Metal pedal. :D :D More crayons for the box…

TG

Quote (gtr4him @ Jan. 31 2005,10:37)
This second is for my son to use with his band. I'm trying to show him there is more to guitar than a Les Paul and a Death Metal pedal. :D :D More crayons for the box..........

TG

PLease do! and quickly!!! :laugh:

I’m working on him pretty hard. Got himlistening to Hendrix, SRV and an unknown Jazz groups CD I have throwing around.

I need find a noob who wants to ditch a nice tube amp for a song. His main amp is Crate GFX-212 solid stater. Ain’t bad but it ain’t valva-liscious either! He would probably hear great opportunities for expression with a good toober IMO. There IS life in the middle to lower end of the gain control.

TG

I need find a noob who wants to ditch a nice tube amp for a song.
Check out the Gibson GA-20 on eBay. They like Tweed Deluxe's but going for a LOT less $$$.

Mr Soul
I'm trying to show him there is more to guitar than a Les Paul and a Death Metal pedal.

When I got my first guitar, it was a Samick with locking trem, and my dad got me an acoustic guitar amp and a BOSS Metal Zone pedal. I was convinced that that was the best distortion pedal ever invented at the time. *shakes head*

fish
Quote (clark_griswold @ Jan. 31 2005,15:00)
This second is for my son to use with his band. I'm trying to show him there is more to guitar than a Les Paul and a Death Metal pedal. :D :D More crayons for the box..........

TG

PLease do! and quickly!!! :laugh:

Friends don't let friends play Les Pauls. :;): Especially through Death Metal pedals...

Thats a cool mantra Tom. Thanks to John and Mr. Soul…I now know what “mantra” means! :D :D :D

TG

PS I kinda wish the dude had had a Tele instead of a Strat. Ain’t got one of doze…

Heeeey !

What wrong with a Les Paul ????

I can see the problem with the Death Metal pedal tho’…
:D

I’ve got two axes - a Les Paul (my fav) and a Cort StatII that I modified.

It now have to Ibanez HS humbuckers on the Cort with the Ibanez pots (two of ‘em - volume and tone). Then (on the other pot space on the face plate) I put a rotary 3 pole 4 way switch and replaced the 5way blade switch with a 3 way.

The rotary switch is connected to the pickups’ outputs, so now I have the following options :
B(ridge) H(umbucker) + N(eck) H(umbucker)
B H + N S(ingle)
B S + N H
B S + N S

All of wich can be switced via normal 3-way blade switch as normal.

Now I can get close to a tele sound with the two single pickups on neck and bridge on. (I say close 'cause I’m sure you need that lipstick pickup to get the proper sound)…

I’m happy…

Quote (Wihan Stemmet @ Feb. 01 2005,02:11)
Heeeey !

What wrong with a Les Paul ????

Nothing at all. I have and play a Strat and a LP. Different crayons...........

I'm happy...

And THAT'S what counts! :) :)

TG

Amen !