Don Henley Cover

The Heart Of The Matter

I did some minor re-arranging of Henley’s song, and fought for 3 days with the mixdown, because my vocals always sounded wierd to me, lol! This is probably going to be the final mix of this song, I just have to live with the fact that I don’t like my voice, and never will :p

-Danny

Danny Milligan - The Heart Of The Matter

Hi dannyraymilligan:

All of those tracks are captured great…
The dynamics and track panning and positioning-and-imagery is technically
First Class…
The overall Energy and Bandwidth is just great…
Thanks for posting the link for me to have a peek at your creativity…
:agree:
:p

Bill…

edit…
The links you post always launches GoldWave…
No other links that are posted up here defaults to the GoldWave application…
Not that there is anything wrong with GoldWave.
:D
I’ve had GW for maybe 15-16 years …
Chris is a Good Newfoundlander…
:)

I don’t know why my mp3s would launch that program, Bill, they’re simply files on a server, maybe it’s because everyone else (as far as I have seen) has their songs actually on a website where it’s played through a flash media player, whereas I post direct links to the files themselves.

I do know that on my browser, if I click an mp3 file directly (such as my own) it will open in a separate tab with quicktime player…

Windows Media Player QuickTime, Flash Player… It’s don’t much matter… Your stuff plays and sounds pretty nice…

Bill…

You have Goldwave set as your default player, Bill?

As far as I can tell, almost no one likes their own voice. It always surprises me when someone has a great voice and complains!!! :)

More-than-Likely…
TomS…

I don’t know enough about these computers to know how they work…
OR…
what makes them tick…
:laugh: I push the Fire-up Button and then wait till they settle down and then I pound my fingers off on the keyboard… :laugh:

If I did that on one of my Basses, I’d have my Bass chopps Up-to-Date…

You’re right…
dannyraymilligan

could be the next Talk-of-the-Town, in one of the Music Rag Magazines…

Whatta think

dannyraymilligan
It’s got a nice RING, to it…
hehe

Bill…

I didn’t particularly care for it. Desperado would’ve been a better choice.

Quote: (Unknown1 @ Oct. 02 2010, 3:31 PM)

I didn't particularly care for it. Desperado would've been a better choice.

I love your avatar, great choice. :agree:

PACO

A deceptively difficult song to cover.
Musically nice playing, however I felt the arrangement with the bass matching the rythmn was a bit jerky for the song (personal view of course) but overall the production is lovely with great separation, dynamics and excellent sounding instruments.
I wish I could get this sort of dynamic range and clarity into my recordings. Two questions - What gear do you use to record with and do you give production lessons? I’ll sign up! As for the voice - we all want a better one - except perhaps, Henley.
I felt maybe you were holding something back on the vocal and I guess if you go into a song thinking you’re not a singer or worrying about what others will think of it you may end up with a self fulfilling prophecy. Just get in there, down a couple of shots or a good glug of wine, relax, breathe deeply and give it some welly eh?
It’s your recording after all.
:) Cheers
Barry

:agree:

A really tender vocal and a sweet arrangement, I like this alot. :agree: