Done something stupid

VU Meters for tracks gone

Probably a stupid question but I’m still quite new.

Was starting a new song last night by importing some drum WAVs made in HammerHead and looping them as described in the manual.

At some point I lost the pane that appears at the left of each track with number, title, solo button, VU meters etc. Now just have a floating one titled ‘selected’. Was quite tired and spent a while trying to get them back but gave up in the end. Restarted N track, still the same. Opened another song and that was the same so I must have changed a setting somewhere. :(

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Very slowly move your cursor to the left around the area where you are seeing selected track etc… If the cursor changes from an arrow to two vertical parallel lines you can hold your left mouse button and drag the pain back to the right. It is probably hidden.

If that isn’t it, look at the menu bar at the top and look for “VIEW”. Experiment in there and see what happens.

Hi Guys:
If you’re looking for the “Mixer Strip” for each track, I’d try this…

Mouse over the .sng file for the track you want to appear and “Right-Click” on the time-line for that track. The menue appears… then… under properties … “Left-Click” mixer… The strip will appear… then for each track you choose, just “Left-Click” on the timeline and that mixer will switch to what-ever you click, on…

IT’s nice when you have a multi-monitor setup. You have your timeline desk on one monitor and your mixer-and-toys on the other monitors… It’s getting to a point where three or four monitors are becomming the normal… The displays on multi-monitor setups don’t stress the graphics as much as a one monitor graphics card… The audio part of your DAW, likes that…

Bill…

Thanks very much guys. Mrs P found them using your instructions, while recording some vox this afternoon.

I can see the point of dual monitors and in fact picked up a 19" CRT free from work recently it’s finding space on the desk for 2 19" CRTs ???

Thanks again

Hi plumbum:
You are moveing right along… If you don’t already have a graphics card that supports two monitors you have to go get one… A good one to get is the Matrox G-550 card… However, there are several cards out there in the market place… If you are useing your system for audio, then a 2-D card will be O.K. If you get a “Biggy Card”, be careful that you get one that is easy on the computer’s resources…

Bill…

Hey Bill, got a live one for you :p : An ATI Rage-128 won’t support two monitors, will it? There’s only one jack sticking out of it out back of the 'puter , so that’s an obvious “No”, isn’t it?

Hi sloom:
That’s a shame… NO-GO for those cards for dual monitors.

I have a AIW 128-Pro in this P-111… It seems to work so nice in this setup… except for the dual monitor feature…

When I built this machine I had '98SE installed as the desk… It was just around the time I made the “Bright” move into XP. I want to make this machine a dual boot setup. I haven’t, as yet… Mabey, some day…

At the time, the real push was to be able to Edit and capture videos with this card… However, after installing the drivers for the card I found I could not get XP to recognize the “Capture” feature, of this card…

Now… Sense you have one of these cards…

Does your setup have the ability to “Capture” Video? If IT does… How did you install the software to make that happen? If your not interested in all of that… How can I get these drivers and software to work in this XP P-111? All that stuff worked on the '98SE Desk…

Bill…

The ATA-Rage Pro doesn’t do dual monitors itself, but you should be able to add a second PCI video card to get multi-mon. Some cards do better than others. If you have an old PCI video card sitting around it’s worth a a try…you can always pull it out if things don’t go well. Install the card, hook up a second monitor, install the drivers is needed, open the video properties to enable the second card. It’s about that easy when it works.

Hi phoo and sloom and Mark A:
Regarding this ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro Graphics Card…

[EDIT]
sloom… What version drivers are you useing with your AIW 128 graphics Card… ???

I did a “Google” on the this issue of XP drivers and installation Tips… I came up with this link…

http://www.v1sports.com/support/kb/article.php?id=037

I’m downloading these drivers in hopes that I’ll be able to get the “Capture” utility working on this XP Desk… If I follow the directions, do you think I’ll have any luck getting this card to “Capture” for the setup I have?

If you have any “Words-of-Wisdom” for me and this setup I have with this Asus/Intel 1.2mhz. P-111 … Do you think I’ll be able to pull this OFF? with the drivers I have already installed and they do work quite nicely, If I take this card to this driver level, would you think there is a “Order” to follow to give me the best chance that I’ll complete the task and get all this working? The Driver version I have now is…

v6.13.3279.0 Date 9/26/2001

If I go ahead with this… I’ll do a Restore Point… And does the restore Point work on this XP (streamlined) for Music XP Desk?

Should I attempt the “Advanced” install or just do a “Driver Update” or should I uninstall the present drivers and attempt the install in that respect? And, should I do a Regedit removal and proceed that way?

Or… should I leave Well-Enough… Alone? I’m looking for some advice.

Thanks guys…

Bill…