DONE

still nothing but trouble everyother time i have to re-install

im thru

n-track can kiss my fukn ass !

this isnt worth the trouble

Oh, don’t go! I was gonna make espresso…

I’ll have a cup -
Geez, the noobs are up in arms. Before everyone goes trashing N, they should realize that no DAW works with every possible Audio interface. If it’s not working with your obscure super duper interface, then try it with the MotherBoards default interface and drivers. Chances are you don’t even understand how your super duper audio interface works. So keep it simple until you get a handle on how things are supposed to work.
Are you there jrhoden?
You have a nice setup. Try usisng the MotherBoard audio interface on your computer. That’s right, plug your mic into the mic input. Go to your sndvol32.exe icon and set the record level on the record panel, then set the monitor level in the playback panel.
If you don’t know how do this, then you have to do some reading. Like the N manual which explains this pretty well. When you do this and can get a descent recording from your mic, then you know all is OK. From then on - you have to realize if you then run your mic thru a pre-amp or other interface device, then that devicce should be plugged into your line-in, and again you should select this as your record device and set the proper record and monitor level. If your device has it’s own drivers, then you have to set these up properly so that they are the ones used to record with. Keep it simple until you get a feel for how to set things up. Both hardware and N. If you want to test the line in on your Motherboard, run your guitar thru a pedal to bring up the level, get a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter and plug it into your line-in again use your computers onboard sound interface. Follow the N manual for this, and you will see that the software works. Once you do this, you will probably realize that you missed something in your chain, most likely a record level, or improper record select.
You got to say to yourself,

Quote:

‘Hey it’s working for a lot of other folks [me included], so maybe I should begin at the begin, and learn how to work this thing.’

We’re here to help if you change your mind.

Hay it’s not the best. I’ve been using it for years. At first I couldn’t even get it to work at all with a SoundBlaster Audigy 2. But since then I have moved along, learned what to do, asked questions, reinstalled, (which I had to do this morning, for no reason, just wouldn’t load up after doing a drum track the day before), which is no big deal anyways because you don’t loose your work and the software is constantly being updated. Granted it’s not Cubase or some other higher quality software in which countless thousands of dollars was used in research and testing. But for the money it works and is easy to navigate. I can say this will all honesty, I have 2 albums to show for it, so it can’t be all that bad. Come back Poppa’s making coffee of some sort. Tell us whats going on, we’ll be more than willing help out. :D

I was also looking at the picture of your set-up, you have a nice set of gear there. I noticed the laptop, is that what your doing the recording on? This might be the source of your trouble. For example, the hard drives in that unit are 5400 RPM, this is sure to cause grief down the line, even cubase will suffer. Next it should have XP with at least 2 gig of Ram (IMO), any less and it will have trouble keeping up. I would suggest a cheap dedicated PC with a dual core 2.0ghz or better, 2 gig of ram with USB 2.0 ports. I use a Line6 UX2 for my USB to my PC, this gives me 2 guitar inputs plus 2 mic inputs, coax cable to studio monitors. You should repost your picture, explain what you have and then ask for advice on the best methods to get your recording working the way you want to. My advice might not be the best given your equipment. I can at least say your PC is a potential issue. I have a laptop too but it’s used solely for vocals, because it quiet. I use it only with the Line6 gearbox software only, no VST’s or anything else. You might want to run the dpclat.exe checker to see if the laptop will handle the audio part, good place to start. It’s a simple tool to check driver latency, (all green, your good, lots of red, bad) you can grab it here.

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/free_download.shtml

PACO

Uh huh, every time you flush your browsers history, cookies kept on your computer. Or use a registry mechanic, you’ll have to reinstall n.
That shouldn’t cause an trouble for anyone.
Just click yes to: ‘use the same setting on the previous setup’.
Then nTrack opens like it did for you the last time it opened.
That’s no big deal.

Quote: (jrhoden @ Mar. 14 2009, 2:31 AM)

n-track can kiss my fukn ass !

Wow - that's impressive. How'd you get it to do that?

Actually I suspect hyperbole. If n-Track could do that I think Flavio would charge a lot more for it.

Whatever is causing it needs to be corrected. Too many have this problem. How many is too many you ask? The one you know about is enough. It’s not good for n-Track because he/she is liable to tell several other potential users about a bad experience.

D

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Mar. 16 2009, 8:20 AM)

Paco's Ancient Ancestor ---> in your avatar?

How do you know? I do get rug burn on my knuckles, but only when I walk. I get a different kind of burn when I crawl and it isn't my knee's.. :)
Quote: (Paco572 @ Mar. 16 2009, 3:25 PM)

Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Mar. 16 2009, 8:20 AM)

Paco's Ancient Ancestor ---> in your avatar?

How do you know? I do get rug burn on my knuckles, but only when I walk. I get a different kind of burn when I crawl and it isn't my knee's..
:)

LOL...

I thought you'd get a kick out of that. My avatar resembles an ancient version of your avatar. :laugh:

D

Holy Smokes JR, blame It all on N Track why don’t ya…It could be nothing your doing wrong could It LOL

By the way guys I haven’t been on here too much…But my N Track Is working Top Notch :)

When I record, I use Audacity to make tracks. Then I import them one by one into N-Tracks to mix them down.

I know where you are coming from. It is very hard to record a track with N-Tracks. I don’t know of any recording program that will do simple things and do them well.

Jimmy

Quote: (qdog @ Mar. 17 2009, 9:07 PM)

I don't know of any recording program that will do simple things and do them well.

I do... several actually.
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Mar. 18 2009, 11:14 AM)

Quote: (qdog @ Mar. 17 2009, 9:07 PM)

I don't know of any recording program that will do simple things and do them well.

SSSHHHHH! HUSH!!

You trying to get a spankin' or something?

D
Quote:

Yep. 3 on my laptop that will do anything I tell 'em to. Within reason, no pun intended.

Woah there doods. I’ve only been tracking with n-T for a few months and, sure, I had loads of teething trouble(thanks Popa and M.R.). It’s got to be his set-up. I literally started afresh - through away my mountain of Atari, outboard and cablage. Upgraded my pc to duo with 2G RAM and a MIA midi card. As you all have said; it does take time to get comfy with it all but now I’m getting on like house on fire.

n-T is the business! It can and will do anything. I’ve got a tune going on with 21trks so far and counting - from n-T drums through half a dozen plugs to analogue instruments and vocs.

In fact, I’d like to pay for it again, please ???

Yep - n is one of my 3.

:laugh: I'm not saying that I won't be back to mither the asses off you guys again, as I progress, though :laugh:
Hey, Poppa! You ever use (back in the day) Gajits 'Breakthru'?

Nope, but then “back in the day” for me was an Ampex 16 track! :p

Fostex 16 track here Poppa . . .

do ya miss splicing tape? :laugh: