Downloading N-track to a new machine

that is not connected to internet

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but anyway:

I’m planning to get a new laptop that is purely for recording purposes (wifey gets this one…)

I’m not going to connect the new machine into net, so how I’m able to get N-track and the plugins I like installed there? Is just a straight forward procedure of downloading the proggie into the old computer, burn it on the cd and then install it from there or does that include something else that I’m not able to think about?

Can I also burn the plug-in effects in cd and just copy them in the plug-ins folder in the new computer?

Is it simple as that?

If you’re using 4.x, you’ll also have to burn the .NET installer.

And yes you can just copy over the VST folder for simple VSTs, but any DX plugs need to be installed by running their installer so they are registered by the OS properly. And if you’re installing any commercial sampler packages (Sampletank, Kontakt, etc.) you’ll want to run their installers, so that all the samples are properly placed and registered.

In other words, yes – it’s as simple as that, and even simpler for VST plugins where you don’t need an installer program. In any case, if you save what you downloaded, you’re golden.

I suggest a USB memory key so you don’t have to burn a new CD each time you want to try a new plugin or something.

I keep a folder on a USB memory key containing everything I install on my computer. That way, whenever I need to reload, I have all the stuff to get it set up again right there.

Often, for convenience, I even copy the contents of install CDs there. There was a time when I was having problems and rebuilding frequently & got the method down, and it’s been a handy habit to keep.

Quote (learjeff @ May 30 2006,18:51)
In other words, yes -- it's as simple as that, and even simpler for VST plugins where you don't need an installer program. In any case, if you save what you downloaded, you're golden.

I suggest a USB memory key so you don't have to burn a new CD each time you want to try a new plugin or something.

Thank you all. Especially for this usb-key thing which is actually so obvious that I completely forgot I even got one.

“sneaker net” triumphs again!

Am I not mistaken that after 4.04, n-Track requires online registration?

Quote (vanclan @ May 31 2006,12:44)
Am I not mistaken that after 4.04, n-Track requires online registration?

But I am already registered and have my registration codes. I had an impression I just type the code in the "about" box. Or am I mistaken in some respect?