Drivers

Drivers

Can anyone direct me to a location where I can get some up to date WDM drivers?
I’m having a few problems and I think it could be the drivers.

Thanks

Don

The drivers will be soundcard manufacturer dependent. If you have a Creative Labs card, (Sound Blaster Live, Audigy etc) then check out Creatives website.

What make/model soundcard do you have?

TG

PS Of course you could also use ASIO4ALL if you have a functioning WDM driver. The KX Project has some nice drivers and features for Creative Labs cards too. Google 'em up.

I have a Audgy 2 soundcard.

Thanks Don

Most people would probably direct you to Creatives website or to KX Project. It’s my understanding that the KX driver package improves performance and opens up possibilities with the SoundBlaster cards. You should check it out and read up on it IMO.

TG

Has anyone tried these KX Project ASIO drivers with a Soundblaster Live!? If so, did you have any problems? Are there noticable performance differences? Any other advantages?

Quote (HotDogWater @ Dec. 15 2005,01:48)
Has anyone tried these KX Project ASIO drivers with a Soundblaster Live!? If so, did you have any problems? Are there noticable performance differences? Any other advantages?

Yes they work just fine and allow you to run multiple cards (a completely different subject!). I can't say I really noticed any great performance advantage or sonic differences.... but it was a while ago I did this.

Doug W has used the Kx drivers on Live! cards quite extensively. Doug are you out there?