Drum replacer...

I found a free one

I don’t know how well this compares to Drumagog or even how well it works, but the price is right…

Replacer

woohoo! Thanks, Mark! :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

woohoo! Thanks, Mark!

You’re welcome Tom, but don’t get too excited until we’ve tried it! ???

Gonna try it tonight!

:)

If it works, the full version has 4 layers (rather than just one) and can be had for any donation, so let’s hope it works!

Basically what does it do?

It will take my crappy snare sound and replace it with a very nice sample, one hopes. Or allow me to mix the two sounds together, that sort of thing.

Does it require that you have your snare on a separate track? (I suppose so, that makes sense … otherwise, it’s a darn clever program!)

Hey Mark:
I can’t help but be able to afford this one. If I only had the BREAD… to get that drumagog… Does anyone know what sample extensions IT works with? or can be imported into IT… ?? I should know all about the drumagog utility… in this regard… but I don’t… I’m not gonna “Label” this one just yet… But that Drumagog utility works soooo nice… Well, for me… anyway…

If ya want to donate some money to me for the Drumagog… I wouldn’t refuse IT… I need “Paper”… I wouldn’t accept “Coin”… O.K.?? haha hehe…

I guess I’ll go get it and see if I can figure IT out… I must have missed this one… I don’t recall seeing IT in any surffing I have done…

Thanks Mark…

Bill…

[EDIT] How could I have forgotten? I downloaded the application on Feb.20 I just need to unzip IT and install it…

I can’t get it to work in n-Track. It works in Orion, it loads up in n-T, but some of the controls won’t work for me. I can’t load a sample or turn on or off the various buttons, although all the knobs seem to work. I’m using some earlier build of version 4.

I noticed that it was made with synth edit. Would that matter?

Work for anyone else here?

Hi Tom:
I got IT loaded… The “Trigger” is working on this setup… But ya gotta find some samples to load into IT. I’m checking some sites out now… I have registered at a place I think there might be some samples to download…

http://www.patcharena.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account

Mabey here…??

[EDIT] Oh yes… IT works with .wav extensions as Samples…

Bill…

Back Again:
I got some samples downloaded.
A bunch of Kicks, Snares, and Hats… I need some toms and cymbles and all…

The link I got them is here…

http://bigsamples.free.fr/

But I know there are some posted up here on this board… Does Tom Hicks have some samples posted? I’m pretty sure he does… Anyway, I’d like to have some “Real Samples” of cymbles and snares and toms… and the like… The samples I collected tonight are 16-bit44.1khz. res…

I’m off to see how they work in this drum replacer…

Bill…

[EDIT]
IT works in “Limited Mode”. It doesn’t appear to be “FREE”… I have IT up and running… and parts of the application is working. However, to make it operate in full mode you have to make a donation to the programmer. Now that’s alright. But I’m not sure if IT’s gonna do what I think it’ll do untill I can runn it through it’s paces… :O ???

I stand corrected on all this… I;m going back to play with IT some more…

Back Again:
Sense the Drum Replacer is not a full working version I am not able to make everything work on IT… Just when I get to the “Meat-and-Potatoes” of the plugin I find I’m not able to fully replace the snare track I have on the time-line, to see/check what it’s all about… That is… if I have it working properly on my setup…

Bill…

Hmm. I couldn’t even get it to loead up a sample. I’ll reinstall it and try again tonight. :)

Hi Tom and Mark:
I am unable to see all of the graphics, as well… It don’t like 600x800 screen res. I think it’ll work, though.

So far, where I’ve looked for samples… the free ones they may not be the samples I prefer… It goes without saying… If ya want good samples ya gotta pay for them or make them… I think… But this utility has the option to “Layer” samples (Say… upwards of three samples combined) to make kick or snares or whatever sounds… I don’t have any toms downloaded yet… Does anyone see where the samples can be “Tuned” ?? If not… I think there may be a utility kicking around where .wav files can be tuned… All these samples that I’ve downloaded last night are 16- 44.1khz. res… If the utility can work with 24 48khz. res. samples that might interesting. Well, something to think about and consider…

Bill…

There’s also KTDrumTrigger which allows you to filter out a particular sound and replace it with a sample. I used this sucessfully to remove a rubbish bass drum sound and replace it with a sample.

Ta
John

Quote (learjeff @ Mar. 20 2006,15:55)
Does it require that you have your snare on a separate track? (I suppose so, that makes sense ... otherwise, it's a darn clever program!)

Most of those types of things have a filtering feature where you roll off everything but a narrow band that is used to detect the drum hits. Think if it like a deesser where you tune it to a specific frequecy to cause the compression to kick in.... in this case it triggers a sample instead.

This one has that feature, bubba.

Wonder why I can’t get it to load up the sample? or the buttons to work?

Hi TomS:
I suspect that after makeing a donation to the programmer, that the application will get registered and then IT’ll work… It’s pretty good and all… But there may be featuers on this setup that will complement the Drumagog program…

Bill…

Here’s my infamous samples…

http://www.artistcollaboration.com/samples/drums/

Drumagog uses layered samples with the .gog file extension. The samples above are single layered (one volume level), but I have used cool edit to turn them into layered samples for importing into drumagog. That also works.