Dumb question I've never resolved.

If you want to mix down only part of a song, like inbetween 2 and 3 minutes in a 20 minute recording, how do you do it? I’ve never managed it in Ntrack. Selecting the timeline, clicking loop etc has no effect. Dumb question maybe, but its taking 15 minutes to mixdown a recording of which I only want to use as small part.

Hi spooner:

If I were gonna do that I’d try this procedure…

With your 20 minute file on the timeline I’d hi-lite the area to be mixed-down… Then, go to save-as…
then, give the song a name…
Then, in the mixdown screen, check-mark the “Mix down Selected Time of the timeline” of the song…
Check Mark 16 bits
or Whatever bit resolution you choose hi-lite the track(s) and then, render the file…

See if that works for you…

OoHh…
make sure you leave enough time to edit the start-and-ending of the file…
to fade-in, or whatever “edit type” you choose to use…

Bill…

I’ve always used the markers to mark the beginning and ending of a section I want to mixdown. To do that, go to about where you want to start the section and right click on the timeline and choose add a marker, call it “Begin” (or something). Zoom in to get a better view of where you want it to start and move the marker to exacly where you want it to start. Repeat this for the ending. Once you have the markers where you want them, double click on the timeline between the markers and it will highlight the section you want to mixdown. Then when you go to the mixdown, make sure it is mixing down just the selection, as Bill mentioned above.

Paul

Question resolved! Thanks! I was being a dumbass alright. I only had to click for more options on the mixdown window and it lets you specify there between which times to mix, and suggesting this from your markers.

Cheers!