Duplicate a track

Hi,

New at this but having fun so far! Quick question…hope some one can help. I recorded a bass track through an effects pedal then direct to the mike jack in the computer. Had to use a little RCA adapter plug which I think may have been bad. Anyway , it recorded fine but only plays on the left side. (1 wave file instead of 2) I was wondering if there is an easy way to just duplicate this track and send it to right side. Hope that made sense…please share your expertise.

Thanks
Dave

I think all you have to do is high-lite the track, right click, select duplicate track and it should give to a copy on another track. Then you can pan each side. I suggest about +20L -20R but thats just me.

PACO

Going to try it right now…thanks for the quick reply!

High lighted and right clicked it but only saw clone track, so I did that but still on the left side with no way to pan :frowning:

if you don’t want two stereo but two mono tracks you can use the track menu to split the stereo file into two mono and then delete the empty one.
then duplicate the track
this is called “clone track” in the right click menu

If it’s only playing on one side you might have to go to the edit menu and split the stereo track. Throw away the empty side (assuming you recorded to a stereo track and it only took on one side). Then you can pan all you like. Even dup that single for more options in your mix. gluck :)

Not seeing an option to split the stereo track…am i missing something or just totally inept? lol

Found it! Thanks everyone wow what a forum, a solution in minutes. This is the best - THANKS!

Hi dacuco:

I’m reading the threads on this topic…
Just thinking…
and…
a suggestion…

If you use the mic jack as the input, you may be using the wrong input…
Hense, the noise if you do have a Noise Issue with your tracks…
A suggestion/alturnitve…
you might consider using the Line Input jack on the audio card of your computer…

It’s good to keep the noise floor as low as possible on the tracks you record…

Bill…

To add to Woxman’s comments: Many computers sound cards to not record to stereo. You can adjust the input on Ntrack to record only mono track - click on the Hammer icon in under the record VU meter. If you are recording “line level” output of a sound source ( think amplified to make a simpler explanation) the mic input may indeed cause an overlord and a “crackly” and clipped sound - the mic input is not designed to handle the higher energy of an amplified sound - so, when in doubt you should start with the Line-in as the risk to the sound card is less than with the Mic-in where it could be overloaded and cause a problem.