Dying for the U.N. is worth it - Kerry

Of course infidels, of course !!!

More right wing lies!!!
Has not Osama taught us Americans dying for the U.N. is worth it my friends.
Kerry is right again !!!

Allah is pleased
Ali bin Gali

Dying for the United Nations
Why is John Kerry no Clinton-Lieberman Democrat? Easy. His obeisance to the U.N.
by William Kristol
10/20/2004 11:45:00 AM

WHO WOULD HAVE EXPECTED the Washington Post to inflict real damage on John Kerry’s faltering presidential campaign? Yet they have.

Here is the third paragraph from today’s front-page article by Helen Dewar and Tom Ricks on Kerry’s foreign policy record:

Kerry’s belief in working with allies runs so deep that he has maintained that the loss of American life can be better justified if it occurs in the course of a mission with international support. In 1994, discussing the possibility of U.S. troops being killed in Bosnia, he said, "If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no."

When the Bush campaign talks about John Kerry’s wanting a “permission slip” from the U.N., many commentators dismiss it as rhetorical excess. But Kerry really does believe that the United Nations is a fundamental, legitimizing body for the use of U.S. force. One hears this deference to the U.N. all the time in European capitals, but it is rare to hear it even among mainstream American liberals. In this respect, as in others, Kerry really is a throwback. He still shares the McGovernite distrust of U.S. force and suspicion of the judgments that are arrived at by the American body politic.

John Kerry is not a Clinton-Lieberman Democrat. His near obsession with gaining the approval of the U.N., and for that matter of France and Germany, for the conduct of U.S. foreign policy would make him the riskiest commander in chief of any presidential candidate since George McGovern–and surely makes Kerry unsuitable to govern in a post-9/11 world.

“Kerry for a weaker America”

Burning Ali, <SLAPPP !!!>

Snipped from another site:

“The following opinion piece by conservative columnist, Charley Reese is worth reading. Reese is a columnist for the King Features Syndicate. He turns out three columns a week and is known as a staunchly committed conservative. This column is causing a bit of a stir. He apparently took a good hard look at Bush & Co.'s record vs. rhetoric, and came to some inevitable conclusions.

VOTE FOR A MAN, NOT A PUPPET
by Charley Reese

Americans should realize that if they vote for President Bush’s
re-election, they are really voting for the architects of war - Dick
Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz and the rest of that cabal
of neoconservative ideologues and their corporate backers.

I have sadly come to the conclusion that President Bush is merely a
frontman, an empty suit, who is manipulated by the people in his
administration. Bush has the most dangerously simplistic view of the
world of any president in my memory.

It’s no wonder the president avoids press conferences like the
plague. Take away his cue cards and he can barely talk. Americans
should be embarrassed that an Arab king (Abdullah of Jordan) spoke more
fluently and articulately in English than our own president at their joint
press conference recently.

John Kerry is at least an educated man, well-read, who knows how to
think and who knows that the world is a great deal more complex than
Bush’s comic-book world of American heroes and foreign evildoers.
It’s unfortunate that in our poorly educated country, Kerry’s very
intelligence and refusal to adopt simplistic slogans might doom his
presidential election efforts.

But Thomas Jefferson said it well, as he did so often, when he
observed that people who expect to be ignorant and free expect what
never was and never will be.

People who think of themselves as conservatives will really display
their stupidity, as I did in the last election, by voting for Bush.
Bush is as far from being a conservative as you can get. Well, he
fooled me once, but he won’t fool me twice.

It is not at all conservative to balloon government spending, to
vastly increase the power of government, to show contempt for the
Constitution and the rule of law, or to tell people that foreign outsourcing
of American jobs is good for them, that giant fiscal and trade deficits
don’t matter, and that people should not know what their government
is doing. Bush is the most prone-to-classify, the most secretive
president in the 20th century. His administration leans dangerously toward
the authoritarian.

It’s no wonder that the Justice Department has convicted a few
Arab-Americans of supporting terrorism. What would you do if you
found yourself arrested and a federal prosecutor whispers in your ear that
either you can plea-bargain this or the president will designate you
an enemy combatant and you’ll be held incommunicado for the duration?

This election really is important, not only for domestic reasons,
but because Bush’s foreign policy has been a dangerous disaster. He’s
almost restarted the Cold War with Russia and the nuclear arms race.
America is not only hated in the Middle East, but it has few friends
anywhere in the world thanks to the arrogance and ineptness of the
Bush administration. Don’t forget, a scientific poll of Europeans found
us, Israel, North Korea and Iran as the greatest threats to world peace.

I will swallow a lot of petty policy differences with Kerry to get a
man in the White House with brains enough not to blow up the world
and us with it. Go to Kerry’s Web site http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html
and read some of the magazine profiles on him. You’ll find that there is a great deal more to Kerry than the GOP attack dogs would have you believe.

Besides, it would be fun to have a president who plays hockey,
windsurfs, ride motorcycles, plays the guitar, writes poetry and
speaks French. It would be good to have a man in the White House who has killed people face to face. Killing people has a sobering effect on
a man and dispels all illusions about war.”

Excellent article IS - this guy & I are on the same page. It’s nice to see an “honest” conservative take an objective look at Bush. My father, who’s an old school, live & let live Republican doesn’t really like Bush either for many of the same reasons (however, he’ll probably still vote for him - darn :slight_smile:

Mike

Idoit, we have pictures of you my friend :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali bin Gali :cool:

Yes my friends, Allah is pleased :laugh:

Ali bin Gali :cool:

Burning SG, you’re only slightly more intelligent under your new Ali bin Gali handle than you used to be, which isn’t really saying a lot.

Burning Ali bin SGali, one of the thickest boneheads that ever drew breath -

…ali been golly gee whiz batman…ali been good golly miss molly…

…ze real Allah not be pleased wiz de mockery mein fueror…

http://nuclearfree.lynx.co.nz/postmortem.htm

Quote (IDOIT_SLAPPER @ Oct. 20 2004,14:54)
VOTE FOR A MAN, NOT A PUPPET

Idiot!

This article basically says that anyone who surrounds themself with competent people (arguably cheney, rumsfeld, etc.) is a puppet.

You could say the same thing about many great leaders thoughout history. Simply because Bush is not as articulate as many is no reason to draw a conclusion that he is a puppet. Bush is well educated. Maybe he like many gets nervous and tongue-tied when speaking in front of large groups.

QUOTE: Besides, it would be fun to have a president who plays hockey,windsurfs, ride motorcycles, plays the guitar, writes poetry and speaks French.

Now we know what Kerry was doing for the twenty years he should have been getting something done in the senate.

It would be good to have a man in the White House who has killed people face to face. Killing people has a sobering effect on a man and dispels all illusions about war."

Why would this be good? How would the author know. I served during the first gulf war and I can tell you that I wanted to go all the way then. I'm glad someone finally told Saddam to shit or get off the pot. Someone who has killed someone would tell you that it's better him than me. And that is exactly what is happening in Iraq. So go ahead and close your blinds. Believe that sanctions were working. Vote for Kerry. Sit back and wait for the terrorists to regroup and start their shit all over again. Quit overthinking the issues because Kerry and his groupies have appealed to your ego. All you are doing is putting more shit into game. This really is a simple matter; kill them before they kill us.
Quote (Guest @ Oct. 21 2004,18:26)
Bush is well educated.

:laugh: :laugh:

... sorry, let me just read that again;

Quote (Guest @ Oct. 21 2004,18:26)
Bush is well educated.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He received a bachelor’s degree from Yale University in 1968, and a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1975.

dat bedder dan most folk!

Harvard accepts a huge percentage of any given class because of family and money, and not on the basis of abilities. Yale too. Those degrees are not enough to support the claim that he is very smart, when there is soooooo much evidence that his bulb is rather dim.

:)

I haven’t heard of anyone accusing Bush of recieving degress without having earned them. If you are saying that a harvard business degree is worthless then any degree that anyone earned is worthless. Can you explain why our system is based on education if this is true.

Another hollow claim made to smear someone without backing it up with facts.