E-MU 1212M & n-track - works?

Does n-track get along well with the E-MU 1212M? I have a chance to pick one up on the cheap, and figured it would be a solution to my latency issues w/ my crappy onboard sound.

I have an EMU1820M which IS a 1212M with the audio “dock” expansion and a Synch option card. I love my 1820M it sounds great and once I got my pea-sized brain wrapped around the EMU PatchMix driver control software, it is a breeze to setup and use. Bear in mind the 1212M has a stereo pair of balanced I/O and one set S/PDIF along with the ADAT lightpipe so you’ll need a mixer or other outboard gear to get in/out of the card.

Inputs:

2 1/4" TRS balanced
1 S/PDIF (stereo)
8 ADAT

== 12 possible simultaneous inputs

Outputs: same as above; thus the “1212” label…

D

Cool beans… I have a mixer.

So I can run this as my I/O for recording, and then run my regular soundcard for my other PC sound needs?

Quote: (LookerBob @ Feb. 13 2008, 10:49 AM)

Cool beans... I have a mixer.

So I can run this as my I/O for recording, and then run my regular soundcard for my other PC sound needs?

That's exactly what I do. There's a tip somewhere on musicxp.net about disabling device mapping for the EMU so Windows can't automatically "grab" the EMU when a program requests audio I/O. Basically it means YOU are in charge pf what apps can play/record from your EMU. Of course if you have Vista, this may be different now...

D - hangin' on to XP...

I do have vista… came on the new PC… I’m not sure if all my hardware will work under XP… I could always go back…

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.

http://www.emu.com

Go to the support or downloads page. They have Vista drivers available now.

D

Um small question if I may…

I was trying to get that firewire interface to work…

It said I needed Direct X 8.0 WMD drivers?

I was just wondering if ASIO was the way to go with the Audiophile or not.

The Direct X took about 20 min. to download with DSL, the ASIO about 20 sec.

keep shinin’

jerm :cool: