Earthquake in Japan

Tough Story

I’ve been watching this for several hours now…
It don’t look good for those people…

MarkA…
what do you think ????

Bill…

Yeah, it’s a biggie. Just happened to be watching the news as the news about it started to come it.

I’ve only just got up so I’ve not seen the news for about 8 hours. Last night it looked like the tsunami was the biggest problem. We have been given warnings here - not of a tsunami per se but of strong tides and waves.

Can’t help but think about what my favourite book says about such things: “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.”

Not good:-(

Just hit Oregon - how fast was it moving?

Wow, that is horrible. Japan and the US are good friends, I am confident our gov’t will do its part to help. They’re going to need it.

The nuclear plant is sort of scary as well.

You know, over here in North-eastern North America (the Maritimes) we complain about a Big Blow or a Snowstorm that blows in from the Southern United States from time-to-time…
but bad weather has nothing on what’s happening to those people…

How fortunate we are over here that we don’t have to contend with what is happening to those people in that part of the world…
:p

Bill…

Death toll keeps rising…