Easy way to do a click track?

I apologize if this has already been covered, as I did find a couple of previous posts on click tracks, but they seemed setup to create a click track as a wav file outside of n-track, then bring it in. I feel kind of dumb since I’m not even sure how I would create one outside of n-track.

I’m using n-track 5, and am hoping there’s a fairly easy way to create a click track from within ntrack… If anyone has an idea on how to do it that would be great :wink:

Thanks for your help!

- Brian

Hi Brian
What you doing over here again - got time to spare :wink:

Not used nT for a couple of years, and not V5 at all, but I guess it must still have the metronome built in. Is that any use?
Or just create a midi track assigned to channel 10 (drums), open piano roll and build one or two bars (I use kick and cowbell usually), then copy and paste for the length of the track.

Cheers
Pa

Hey Pash - fancy seeing you over here as well :wink:

Unfortunately I don’t have as much time to play and record any more as I would like, but I’ve been playing 1 -2 times a month with some old friends and we’re thinking about trying to record a song or two at a little higher quality then “just stick a microphone in the middle of the room” :wink: I’ve dusted off the old PC and upgraded to Ntrack 5 (which I have to say so far has been VERY stable for me, which is really cool) and am ready to rock n roll.

However, I’ve got to find a way to come up with a click track - the metronome does work, can I “record” the metronome to a wav file? You’ll have to bear with me in that I use ntrack as a glorified tape recorder - all my gear is outboard, and I’m using the computer basically as an endless tape supply - I’m not familiar with MIDI, or really any of the add-ins except some of the plugins (i.e. freeverb, etc.). I did poke around for some time, but don’t see a way to record the metronome.

I’ll try the channel 10 “drums” recording and see what I come up with - I appreciate the help :wink:

Thanks!

- Brian