Edge U2

delay

Came across this during a mystical surf session.
I think Edge is a genius. Has everyone here seen U2 live?

http://www.amnesta.net/edge_delay/

IF ONLY!

I have pretty much given up using any delay plugins for guitar. I find it much easier to clone the part and move it snapped to whatever grid I choose. 1/4 - 1/16 or whatever. That way I know it’s a true delay and it will respond faithfully to my choosing. Copy paste to new track - move bring down volume. If you listen to pingcat’s guitar on Bruffie’s new tune that’s how I did the delays. He recorded them with delay also but the big delays are clones and track shifts. Doing it that way allows for envelope volume draws on the delay track also which I do a lot of. Works great on some vocals too, especially if the plugin you use for delay doesn’t show up on the parameter draw envelope list in n-Track.

Sounds like one for the tips section. Yeh I see what you mean. You can control the decay with envelopes. Pretty cool. (I haven’t had a chance to listen to recent music since my hi-speed cafe closed) But I will find another way soon. I am really anxious to hear what everyone has been doing the last couple of months.

Im going to see them in august sheffield UK. woooooooohoooooooooo. I got 2 spare tickets is anybody really wants to go.
I saw them on TV in milan and Bono’s vocals were truely awesome. I saw the Edge on tv talkin about his sound, he had rack upon rack of outboard gear, about 50 pedals on the floor. serious stuff.

Quote: (alfieralph @ Jun. 18 2009, 6:20 AM)

I got 2 spare tickets is anybody really wants to go.

Did I mention what a lovely smile you have?!
:whistle: hehe

…you were acting like it was the end of the world.
They are SO-o-o-o-o-o Great – you’ll be amazed :agree:

Saw them the last time they played ProPlayer Stadium in Miami. Whatever the tickets cost, its worth it.

Its great when a band is so well known that the singer can stop singing and the 50,000 + in the stands can sing the song for them… Happened when I saw Pink Floyd too…(2nd row center for that one…)

cliff

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Jun. 18 2009, 9:27 AM)

...you were acting like it was the end of the world.
They are SO-o-o-o-o-o Great -- you'll be amazed :agree:

hahah your joking!!!

I'm really really looking foward to it, Ive been waiting to see them for years. I brought the extra tickets just in case any of my brothers wanted to go but strangely they dont. They must be mad, I'm sure somebody will take em off me hands tho......
Im going to wembley in a few weeks for my birthday to see the final oasis gig of their current wourld tour, it should be a great day but the U2 gig is the one I'm really looking foward to :)
Quote:

hahah your joking!!!

Yeah - I just love that song. Reminds me of someone I knew.