Editing Part of a sound Track

Editing a portion of a track

I use backing tracks I’ve purchase to sing and play along with when entertaining at Senior homes.
Some of these track have the last portion of the tracks stepping up another half step in pitch.
Is it possible to Lower the pitch of this portion in order to keep the song in one key?
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

I’m not where I can play with this to advise you. However, you can transpose with n_Track, but I am not sure that it does not change the tempo when it does this. I know it will work with MIDI but I am not certain about audio tracks. Load up a practice song and experiment with the feature. It is located at the end of the Transport module ( the area where the play, record stop, etc is located).
If you can’t get the results you need with n_Track there is editing software that can do this with wav files.
I hope this helps.
BAx

PS
There is a section in the manual under Transpose that may have more details if you find you need it.

Could we hear one of these backing tracks to get a better idea of what is going on? Why do they step up - is it some kind of demo security feature?

Quote: (bax3 @ Oct. 22 2015, 2:31 AM)

I'm not where I can play with this to advise you.
However, you can transpose with n_Track, but I am not sure that it does not change the tempo when it does this. I know it will work with MIDI but I am not certain about audio tracks. Load up a practice song and experiment with the feature.
It is located at the end of the Transport module ( the area where the play, record stop, etc is located).
If you can't get the results you need with n_Track there is editing software that can do this with wav files.
I hope this helps.

BAx

PS
There is a section in the manual under Transpose that may
have more details if you find you need it.

Yeah, it must be helpful.

Tony R. If you should listen to the song Islands in the Stream the key steps up one or two half steps for the last verse of the song. Unfortunately if I try to sing the song, this step up becomes to high for my voice and I’m done. I’d like to have the song in the same starting key throughout.

Have you considered dropping the whole song a half step or so. The step up is designed to produce the “big ending”.
Another possibility might be. Split the file where the key goes up. Highligh and cut the end of the song and paste it to a new track. Change the key on the new track to mart have the beginning, and the move the tracks around to where the music flows ( you may have to do a cross fade). When it plays where it sounds right, mix down to a new file.
Should work.
BX

Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 24 2015, 11:57 AM)

Could we hear one of these backing tracks to get a better idea of what is going on? Why do they step up - is it some kind of demo security feature?

I'm really not sure how to do this. I don't have a web site of FB page.

dropbox or similar.

Have you tried Bax’s suggestion of dropping the whole track a half step or two? This might, of course, make the main body of the song too low for you but it’s worth a shot.