Editing

How to delete portions of recorded track

I am new to home recording and remain very tense during recording of my guitar. As a result of tenseness, I make mistakes which ruin portions of the tracks. I usually continue to record (start over without stopping the recorder). After finishing, I would like to delete the opening sections of the tracks where the mistakes occurred. I have referred to the “Help” section of the program and have experimented with the deletion of the opening portions of the tracks but have not been successful. Can anyone give me some guidance on removing sections of the tracks.

Hi arie397:
There may be a couple of ways to do this, among others…

One way is to Hi-Lite the area of the track that you don’t want in the mix… Then, go to EDIT… From that list set the portion to vol.level to zero… It would be described as vol. evolution… Make sure that you do it by not setting the “operation” as a Descructive operation… I would always make a duplicate of the track, before you do any editing…

The other way is… just keep rehursing the track till you feel right about the lines you play… Then record the track as a One-Time Take… That always seems to work the Best…

Anyway, that’s the way I would do that…

Bill…

Like Bill said there are many ways to do things. You can launch an external audio editor from nTrack and then just delete the unwanted portion from there. This is destructive editing because it will change the source wav file. I use a really simple editor, Tiny Wave Editor, because I normally will only normalize the track and delete portions of it-nothing fancy. If it needs more work than that, I figure I need to redo it anyway.