effects... ?

i have a few effects that are showing in the FX drop down list - they show “error” when trying to load:

• Divxantifreeze
• fasoft compressor
• hcw multiplexer

also in the same list 2 weird items show up in the FX drop down list, get different errors when trying to load:

• media center extender encryption files
• multiple file output

searching the forums didn’t uncover anything - can anyone shed light on these?

I don’t know what you have there - the Fasoft is from N-track but the others? N_Track will search the hard drive for directX and VST effects that are available and display them as loadable. Not all of them will work of course - they may be for video or something. The effects that come with n_Track should be listed and load when you install the program.

Sometimes effects, usually, dx effects, will show up in the effect list as plug-ins, but these aren’t really effects that can be used in real time within an app like n-Tracks or wave editors. Video converters will add some occasionally. I suspect all of the ones you listed are something like that. except the fasoft compressor. Dx plug ins show up when registered, regardless of whether or not the actual plug ins are on the machine or not. The fasoft compressor is probably showing up because it’s still in the registry.

Give http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/dxman.htm a try.

Quote:

• Divxantifreeze

Is part of the DivX video codec. Not something you can use for audio. I have a pile of things that show up as DX effects. Most of them are video related...

D

thanks gang - that splains it! :agree:

i had paid for the fasoft comp and EQ back when i bought version 3.3 - the others are probably from other programs.

i was wondering - since i paid for them - is there any advantage to loading and reactivating the codes for FASoft 1.1 compressor plug in?

if so i’m gonna have to write flavio - cause i’ve lost the registration files.

The n-Track compressor comes free.

i saw that - i just did not know if the “paid for” comp might be a different device.

thanks poppa - you’re advice is always appreciated.

right click in the bottom box of a fader - open effects list window - SETTINGS - click on VST instruments - highlight vst effect that does not work - click on the TRASHCAN, the vst will now go to the other panel and should not appear again - do the same for VSTi etc -

M.R.

Quote: (Magic Rabbit @ Jan. 25 2009, 5:15 PM)

right click in the bottom box of a fader - open effects list window - SETTINGS - click on VST instruments - highlight vst effect that does not work - click on the TRASHCAN, the vst will now go to the other panel and should not appear again - do the same for VSTi etc -

M.R.

yep they go over to the other panel - but so far they are still showing in the drop down fx box - no biggie - thanks!

RESCAN -

i think i did that - ?

but i’ll check when i get home tonight.

thanks rabbit.

rescanned - same old stuff.

thanks.

File a bug report? Sounds like Flavio’s filter code is broken…

D

i’ll play around with it some more… hate to waste flavio’s time on this issue right now.

WOW - i fumbled around and actually just got rid of these pesky non functioning directX items - here’s how i did it:

open ‘effects settings’ box > go to ‘show’ box > select ‘directX plug-in’ button > one at a time select each unwanted directX item in left side list > select garbage can > effect then moves to right side list. you will now notice under the right list the following information "the effects listed above will not be shown in the available effects list"

i rescanned just to be safe.

they are gone.

posted the above in case there is a search in the future.

thanks all!!

have you gone to the other sites posted and gathered up some free ones?

not yet - but as i was flippin through all the stuff - i saw the place to make the attempt :laugh:

the preloaded items look pretty sufficient for the time being - but any ‘must haves’ you might recommend - lay 'em on me bro.