Egnater Rebel 30 1-12 combo

Short Clip Clean Channel

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7904716

Short clip.

Showed up yesterday. Recorded via the amps direct out in its’ silent recording mode. Flat eq all around no effects. This amp like the 20 has a tube mix knob this is 80%EL84-20%6V6.

The clean channel is great,I have yet to find an overdrive sound I like. Is it worth $900? So far I would say not, but I have 45 days to change my mind.

sounds like it has the power to bust loose. Very nice clean crisp tone!
Let’s hear it durty!

Yep sounds good Duff!

It takes a lot of tweaking to get a dirty tone with the Egnators (not impressed with the tone controls), I’m using a Rebel 15, they will crank for such a little package.

Back to Marshall . . . .

Just saw the 80/20 on the tubes, wow, I got a better clean sound with the Rebel 15 reversed. Better dirty tone with the settings you have on the tubes for clean. That was with a Les Paul tho . . .

i don’t think i’ve heard $900 worth yet. if it can’t get durrty, how fun is it to play with?

Never could get a good dirty sound out of the Rebel, and after diming it to hear what it would do it developed a rattle. Packed it up and back it went. GCenter made me fairly good offer on the floor model, out for 2 weeks, Egnater TourMaster 4100 head…Same price as the Rebel 30. Only been messing with it about 2 hours.

Clip is a short goof off. The cab is a 1-12 70/80 80 watter, mic’ed with SM57.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7909013

This ones a keeper!

that’s a pretty good throaty sound. and if you got a good deal, even better!

Sounds good to me. I think we all need about 10 different amps for different sounds, however. Stimulus money?

Hi duffman and Gents:

That amp sounds great…
Do you have a link to where the amp can be seen and tell us about this EL 84/6v6 knob…
Boy, that sounds fascinating…
I always liked the sounds of EL-84 6V6 6BQ5 output tubes for a guitar amp… especially, in in a studio application…
Live on a stage, yea gotta put a mic (SM-57) in front of the amp… OR…
The drummer and bass player will kill your sound…

The Vox AC-30 amp has Push-pull parallel (4) EL-84 tubes…
That’s what gives that amp the EDGE…
BUT…
yea gotta like the sound of the VOX AC-30 Amp…
A lot of guitar players don’t happen to like that EDGE…

Nice sound…

Bill…

[EDIT] That stimilus money sounds good-to-me… toooo… lol… Where do you go to get it ????

Had an interesting time over the last few days with Guitar Center and Egnater. I had returned the Rebel 30 due a rattle when the Bright switch was engaged on the Clean channel. At that time I negotiated a deal on an Egnater TourMaster 4100 head for the same price as the Rebel 30 1-12. I had been home a couple of hours and the manager at G-Center called and offered me the same Rebel 30 amp at a $200 discount…So now I have both.

Contacted Egnater about the R-30, and they say I am hearing a pre-tube. New set of tubes on the way. Also got to talk to Bruce Eganter. Asked if he would mod the TM4100 to do a silent record via a compensated XLR out. Said he would get back to me within 2 weeks. Good customer service…

I’m playing with settings and guitars. So far: the R-30 loves single coils, and my Ibanez AS80 semi hollow. R-30 sounds best on the clean. 4100: Tons and I do mean tons of tones on eachof the 4 independent channels. I’ll be a month figuring out MY sound.

Duff