Electronica / experimental

Bruffie

Yep. The voice clips are definitely not what I had in mind originally either. I did listen to Claude Challe , and thought that a variation of some of the ethereal vocal sounds he used would be what I would try for. Then I started looking for spoken word material to chop up for use, and I ran across that looney DJ voice clip. And once I was mentally bent that way, I couldn’t get back to the idea of the ethereal.

You continue to be a font of amazing information about pop culture. I figured that you might be a bit isolated there in Dubai, but your eyes and ears seem to be all over the world.

The answer to the looney DJ’s ‘whats his name’ question is Robbie? So is East-enders a TV show that is on the BBC?

I wonder what the French and Chinese speakers in the vocal clips are talking about. I have no idea. I picked them based on the vocal rhythms and their having interesting vocal properties.

T

That turned out terrific. I love it; I’ve already played it 3 times, which is one more than I gave the original. I’ll probably spin it a few more times, thanks.

DC

Quote (tspringer @ June 05 2006,10:12)
You continue to be a font of amazing information about pop culture. I figured that you might be a bit isolated there in Dubai, but your eyes and ears seem to be all over the world.

The answer to the looney DJ's 'whats his name' question is Robbie? So is East-enders a TV show that is on the BBC?

Actually, I'm more a font of useless information. I've been in Dubai for 9 years but spent the 1st 42 years of my life in the UK. Fortunately managed to escape :)

Yes! Eastenders is a BBC soap opera in the UK, especially for the terminally depressed, and I deliberately do not subscribe to the satellite that offers it here.

Like what u did. Keep it up. I think music produced at home is one of the most interesting things I ever encountered. I started trying to sing around 6 years ago and although I will never be professional standard, the pleasure it gives me is enormous.
More power to us all here in this forum!!
Cheers,
Ian

Quote (StuH @ June 03 2006,04:28)
Sounds good T, what does shea think of it?

Hey StuH: Shea is home so I finally got a chance to get his opinion. To my relief he liked the additions and changes I had made. He wants to take a stab at creating a little more sonic space for the vocal stuff, so he will probably re-mix.

To DigitCallus: Thanks for the encouragement. Its great to think that we are adding a little pleasure to the world, even if only for two or three people.

Bruffie: I really have to agree with you about home recorded music. I’m seldom amazed at music that comes from the big studios. I’m often amazed at postings of home recorded music. And you can really feel a connection to the people doing the music. How often do you feel that with commercial recordings?

Anyone got any more ideas for ways to torture this little project? The first round of suggestions was great.

T

Cow Moooos

Cow moos! True genius!! StuH, I like the way your mind works. Now that sounds like a definite go to me. Hmmm. Seems like you could do cow moos in harmony…use stutters, all kind of neat effects. Chorused cow or cow chorus. No too much, but just a little here and there…

T