Elivs

January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977

The King Is Dead…Long Live The King!

Eyup!

Wasn’t he that actor guy who starred in GI Blues?

ducks

I always thought it interesting that Elvis is pluralized , Elvi’

All those Elvi’ in Vegas…

keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

Ah, Beefy and Jermey, you will understand, one day…

:D

Hi Everyone:
Do you all remember when you heard the News? Where you were and what you were doing?

I was on my way home from work in “Backed-up Traffic”… I can tell you… It was one Hot Day… I’d say it was about 6:20 pm… It was my wife’s birthday… I didn’t have a Birthday present for her… She was the biggest Elvis Fan I know… Guess what she did when I told her?

Bill…

(TomS @ Aug. 17 2007,10:11)
Ah, Beefy and Jermey, you will understand, one day...

Uh thank you, thank you very much. :)

keep shinin'

<!–QuoteBegin>

Do you all remember when you heard the News?

Er, what news? ???

“Elvis isn’t dead. He just went home.” - Tommy Lee Jones

D

(jeremysdemo @ Aug. 17 2007,13:57)

(TomS @ Aug. 17 2007,10:11)
Ah, Beefy and Jermey, you will understand, one day...

Uh thank you, thank you very much. :)

keep shinin'

:D :D :D

I was sheething the roof of a new house when it came on the radio! :(

(Diogenes @ Aug. 17 2007,17:38)
"Elvis isn’t dead. He just went home." - Tommy Lee Jones

D

This reminds me of a quote from an old army movie, I don’t remember if it was Platoon, or Full Metal Jacket.

Lieutenant: "Son, Have you found Jesus yet?"

Private: "Sir, I didn’t know I was supposed to be looking for him Sir!"

keep shinin’

I know alot of people don’t like Elvis for one reason or another, but, In his prime no one could touch him!

HE"S STILL THE KING! :cool:

Just got back from Graceland a couple weeks ago, and I assure you, Elvis is not dead. He’s on my refrigerator in the form of a dressable magnet!

PEACE

Elvis never really did anything for me, although I liked a few of his songs. His first year of hits was the best (IMO). I did watch his goofy movies when I was a kid but I was kind of dumb then :slight_smile:

The biggest contribution Elvis made (IMO) is leading the way for other white boys like the Beatles and the Stones to start playing rock ‘n’ roll music.

The University of Toronto was presenting a multimedia show about the Beatles called “Away With Words” at Convocation Hall, Downtown Toronto. Two friends and I went to see it and just before they ran the show someone came out and announced that we were seeing it on the day Elvis died.

I thought it was a rather poor joke but after we left the hall we checked the newspapers (which had come out by then) and it was the front page story.

I always found it ironic that Groucho Marx died so soon after (same day? not sure.) But because of all the attention being paid to Elvis Groucho’s death went hardly noticed. Only time I can think of that Groucho exhibited bad timing.