Emergency

In the middle of a session!

Is it N-tracks that adds a sound (couple beeps) every 20 second when you’re recording if it’s not registered?

I have N-Track 4 paid for and registered, I downloaded the new version 5 then uninstalled it and went back to my previous version, but now it’s doing these beeps every 20 second while recording and
I am in the middle of a recording session!!!

I put the reg codes in again, restearted program etc, says thanks for registering and all that. The register button is never greyd out under the help menue but the about option says it’s a registered version.

I can’t think of anything else that would be doing this when recording except some vst that’s not registered? A little window actually pops up that says a sound is being added every 20 seconds…

Help Please!

I also uninstalled version 4, reinstalled it and put in my reg codes, says it’s registered to me now…still doing the same thing arggg…help please!

It could be N-track adding the beeps. Since you are in sort of an emergency situation, I’ll make a suggestion that I’m not sure of. It is possible that your configuration file is corrupted. Try deleting it (N-track will rebuild it automatically). Look in

C:\Documents and Settings<yourloginid>\Application Data
-Track Studio
or
C:\Documents and Settings<yourloginid>\Application Data
-Track Studio5

The filename is n-track2.cfg.

Then re-enter your codes.

T

doing it now, saw that both ntrack and ntrack 5 folders were still there though I uninstalled version 5…back in sec with update.

ahhhhhhh, deleted it, redid all settings…STILL doing it,. Every 20 second. Singer standing over my shoulder, this sucks…any more ideas???

Quote (mcalldp @ Sep. 29 2006,20:37)
ahhhhhhh, deleted it, redid all settings...STILL doing it,. Every 20 second. Singer standing over my shoulder, this sucks....any more ideas???

mcalldp

You can downloar Reaper (do a google search) (free). And be recording in 10 minutes. Pretty straight forward to use.

HTH, Jeff

I’ve been using N-track for years and too used to it. I love N-track. I have a ton of songs already done in it over the years and rely on those .sng files now! I think the problem is that there is something still in the registry I’m going to have to find…arggggggggg
Singer went home, lost a session tonight :frowning:

Well another couple hours and the help of a reg cleaner and now I can’t even get the old 4 version to install. Thought I would break down and buy the new version, even though I was trying to avoid it for a couple months (B R O K E) but even then it’s 1-2 nusiness days and I just shot two sessions, one with a singer and one with a bass player plus am supposed to be doing more tomorrow and Sunday and I’m totally dead in the water right now.

Anyone have any ideas? I already e-mailed for support but no response yet.

Quote (mcalldp @ Sep. 29 2006,20:07)
I can’t think of anything else that would be doing this when recording except some vst that’s not registered? A little window actually pops up that says a sound is being added every 20 seconds…

Help Please!

Did you try recording a new track, with a new song file name without ANY pluggins?

I had something simular happen when I reinstalled Windows, turned out it was the Fasoft compressor plug. It was seperate registration data (self registration) but it had been years since I first intsalled it, so it took me a day or two to get that info from Flav.

keeps shinin’

jerm :cool:

Well, I did try a new song with no plug ins and got the same issue but now I am in even deeper :frowning: I used a reg cleaner then tried to install version 4 again and get this error:
"This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. COntact your admin to change the installation usinterface option of the package to basicer interface option of the package to basic"
So I couldn’t install it again. Finally gave up since I am in the middle of a session, installed the new version 5 went to just buy it but now I don’t know if I can even do the upgrade price as it may look for some version 4 registry? So I can’t get version 4 installed again, when I did have it installed it was not taking the reg codes (said registeredd but still insterted sound every 20 second) …arggggggg… bass player over shoulder now we’re just standing here trying to get things working I really need help, e-mailed support but nothing back.

In that case I would download another free program as suggested earlier.
You can record wav. files on that for tonight, until you get this mess straightened out.
you can always put them back into Ntrack later, as long as you got a BPM to work off of , you can even bring the old wav. files into it, someone suggested
Audacity to me one time it was pretty simple, press record, and it records wavs.
Audacity
i know excactly how you feel about Ntrack, an old familiar shoe, me too!
But desperate time call for desperate measures. try and have fun! frustration always comes out in the the tracks.

keep shinin’

jerm

Thanks, I went ahead and downloaded the newest version, paid for the reg codes for upgrading from version 4, hope to get them soon AND that the upgrade from previous version works since I’ve killed off the registry items…arg.

What a bummer!! Sorry I had to bail out right after making a suggestion that didn’t work out for you - although I still don’t know what else you could have done. Good luck with a reinstall of V5.

T

In the past I’ve been able to do a clean install of ntrack bought with the upgrade price (upped from 2.3 to 3.3). I don’t think you need any registery entries to install.

Do you own the 16- or 24-bit version? If you own the 16, but are trying to run N at 24-bits, you’ll get the organ tone whether it’s registered or not.

teej

it looks like n track compressor could be your problem -

although you have uninstalled your V4, the uninstaller only takes out N Track.exe it does not remove any accessory packages (ie vst plugins) those should still be in the vst plugin folder in the place where N V4 was first installed - when you find this folder rename it OLD PLUGINS - then find the same folder in your V5 installation folder and drag Ntrack compressor to the just created OLD PLUGIN folder - as there would be two plugins in the folder with the same name windows will ask if you want to replace the old file with the new one click YES - the old V5 compressor has been deleted and replaced by the new one, which you can drag back to your V5 vst folder when all is working well -

REASON, the early version of n track compressor was not part of the bought N track program it was a demo version that had to be purchased seperately, (later it became a free item with the V4 package) - being a program in its own right, it relys on N track to tell it is is registered, if that version of N is removed it will revert back to its demo state and will bleep every 20 seconds -

UNLESS you tell N to only look at a specified VST folder
(preferences/paths/set vst folder - n will search through your PC and pick up any VST/DX/plugins and instruments it can find and will put them in the effects box for you to use - so make sure that N only looks in the VST folder in your V5 installation folder -

yours Dr J

Quote (DR Jackrabbit @ Sep. 30 2006,10:05)
it looks like n track compressor could be your problem -

although you have uninstalled your V4, the uninstaller only takes out N Track.exe it does not remove any accessory packages (ie vst plugins) those should still be in the vst plugin folder in the place where N V4 was first installed -

Now where did I hear that before?....
Quote (jeremysdemo @ Sep. 29 2006,01:07)

I had something simular happen when I reinstalled Windows, turned out it was the Fasoft compressor plug. It was seperate registration data (self registration) but it had been years since I first intsalled it, so it took me a day or two to get that info from Flav.

Either way he's gotta wait for the compressor registration data from flav, since he doesn't have a backup hardcopy.
A lesson we many of us have learned the hard way.

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

Well, I guess the lesson is, don’t install the new version to check it out if you think you might still stick with a version 4 for a bit. I used registry cleaners, I actually went in by hand and deleted out registry items, cleaned everything I could find regarding Ntrack and never could get it working again. Finally I just bought the new version and all is working well now. I actually don’t use the comp so no serial needed for that. I use Classic Comp along with some other CLassic plug ins, they are free and sound decent to me.

A little late with my post because I can’t log in to the forum on my computer.

There’s a section of the FAQ that deals with this. It happened to me before too.