emo/metal screaming

Quote (Scantee @ Mar. 19 2005,04:18)
guys like Chris Cornell of Audioslave... His voice has changed over the years, and I wonder how long he'll last.

Chris Cornell is a FANTASTIC vocalist IMO. I don't think all the music he's put out is all the great but voice-wise I think he's up there with Daltrey & Plant.

With his work rate (based upon his album releases - I don't know how much he tours) his throat should last about 700 years :)

Agreed, teryeah…Chris is a bad mofo! :D

Tony

I use a MD150 mic for yelling, and set my mixer so that on the harsher and louder part, the channel clips on my mixer and therefore makes those harsher and louder parts sound even more so. Also running through a Pro Co Rat can get you a different type of yell. I don’t dig plug ins for distortion though… they don’t sound right to me for that sort of thing

Quote (KR7 @ Mar. 17 2005,17:59)
do you know anyone who can both scream and sing clean well, or is it one or the other

maybe I'll have to go the cheap mic route... but I dunno how well that'd work live if I'm switching mics back and forth every 5 seconds, lol

Singer for American Head Charge uses SM58 for singing and that shure harmonica microphone for screaming. Holds one in each hand and goes nuts on stage.

that sounds like it’d look pretty hilarious