EQ bug in latest build

I call up a project and the track eq is working fine…I record a track and the ntrack eq does not work on the new track…I save, close and re-open ntrack and the track eq works fine. This happens everytime. No combination of settings/buffering will get recorded tracks in synch using the WDM drivers (m-audio Deta 66)…With ASIO they are fine…could be an XP problem since wdm uses windows and ASIO bypasses it…In an odd coincidence a good friend has the same problems…the only similarities in our machines are the processor (Intel 2.8) and OS (Windows XP, SP3)…

Ray

Hi rsolinski:

I’d get an E-Mail off to Flavio on this…
or use the new “Support Page” that he has going…

That last little project that I had been working on was when the v6 beta builds was being posted…

It wasn’t a Standard set-up that I would have normally worked with but there was nothing but sync issues with the tracks from beginning-to-end…
I put it down to outdated audio card drivers and Windows .wdm issues…

It’s been so long sense I had a project going that it hurts me…

Bill…

Quote: (rsolinski @ Nov. 02 2008, 7:04 AM)

I call up a project and the track eq is working fine..I record a track and the ntrack eq does not work on the new track..I save, close and re-open ntrack and the track eq works fine. This happens everytime. No combination of settings/buffering will get recorded tracks in synch using the WDM drivers (m-audio Deta 66)..With ASIO they are fine..could be an XP problem since wdm uses windows and ASIO bypasses it..In an odd coincidence a good friend has the same problems..the only similarities in our machines are the processor (Intel 2.8) and OS (Windows XP, SP3)...

Ray

I've added the bug to the bug tracking system: bug 6

As for the sync problem, does it still happen if when using WDM drivers you turn off "Keep audio devices open" in Settings/Audio devices/Advanced box?
That said there is generally no reason to use WDM drivers when good Asio drivers are available, such as in the case of the Delta 66.

Flavio.

Hi Flavio:

I’d sure like to get a project going and spend some time with v6 and later builds…
The last project that gave me the issues was with the v6… beta builds…
It was only a bass track that I did with two guitar tracks that I got as an attachment in my E-Mail…
Maybe, that was the problem, as someone here on the board thought…
The file was converted to a .wav file then started on the v6 beta timeline… AND…
there wasn’t any Click Track to play to…

I had to cut and edit just about every bass note to line them up with the guitar tracks…
I posted some screen shots of the n-Track Timeline showing the Chopped Bass Track…

Poppa Willis told me to do the Bass Track again…
this time do it right…
:p
:laugh:
AND…
don’t forget to play the correct notes…
this time…

I’d like to remember if I had the “Keep audio devices open”
config’d in the preferences…
I can’t remember Flavio…
sorry…

I gotta go to work…
it’s gettin late…