EQ, comp plugins

at a good price!

Hello all,

I’ve been trying to look around for some good plugins. ESPECIALLY a multi-band compressor and a good reverb. I’m willing to spend some money, probably not over $100 though. I really liked the Waves plugins, until I realized that’s all quite a few hundred bucks for one of their bundles.

I see that the FAsoft compressor and ParEQ are included in v4, do those work well? The compressor isn’t multi-band, though, is it?

Also, as a side question, does anyone use Steinberg’s Wavelab Essentials for their wave editor? Does it work well for that application - I’m just looking at chaining a bunch of effects to do some destructive compressor, EQ, reverb effects on vocal tracks.

Thanks!

<!–QuoteBegin>

I see that the FAsoft compressor and ParEQ are included in v4, do those work well? The compressor isn’t multi-band, though, is it?

shrewdawg,

There is also now a multi-band compressor shipped with V4

Mark

Quote (Mark A @ June 29 2005,09:45)
<!–QuoteBegin>

shrewdawg,

There is also now a multi-band compressor shipped with V4

Mark

And it sounds great too… the EQ in n-Track is certainly VERY usuable. I have not felt the need to buy others yet.

TG :)

PS I have WaveLab Lite. Came with my soundcard. It does a great job at wav editing.

Get them, although it has to be said that even in software, these things all have different sounds. IN that sense there is no objective “good” or “Bad” - only what you like or don’t like, what works for you in a given case and what doesn’t. I’ve long thought, e.g., that the waves stuff was a bit over-praised.

You might want to look at PSP’s EQ, it is something special in my book. So is the Vintage Warmer. :)

Hey everyone, thanks! The PSP plugins look really good - not really something I’m able to spend 150 bones on though! Good to hear the Wavelab software is good for what I’m needing.

I just downloaded the demo of v4 - I’m almost certainly going to upgrade - but where is the multiband compressor found?

shrew

It’s a VST that is installed with n-Track V4. It’s called n-Track Multiband Compressor in the effects list. The filename is n-Track Multiband Compressor.dll, in the FASoft
-Track Studio 4\Vstplugins folder.