Ethical or not?

I played around with Bono’s song

Originally did this for fun, but recently won a singing contest in Dubai with it. Backing track came from a friend in the UK and I added the Vox in n-Track.The last part of the lyrics is from a well known Filipino song which just happens to scan very well ( I think! )
Question is; would Bono be faintly amused if he heard it, or artistically outraged?

With or without you.

Dang dude, nice guitar tones. This is a really good cover. Very true to the original. And yeah, the thing at the end is kinda neat.

dunno, but his lawyers might have a word. :)

No offense but I wouldn’t touch Bono’s vocals with a 100 foot pole :laugh:

Quote (Mr Soul @ June 01 2005,19:12)
No offense but I wouldn't touch Bono's vocals with a 100 foot pole :laugh:

Likewise, No offense Mr Soul ,but not an entirely unexpected comment from you.
I have no illusions about my singing and as I said I did this for fun! You remember fun? It's the thing we use to have before politics. :)
Quote (TomS @ June 01 2005,19:10)
dunno, but his lawyers might have a word. :)

Hmmm! Good point Tom. Wouldn't want to tackle HIS lawyers. Suspect he can afford better ones than me. But then does that apply to something that is not going to be commercially available?
Quote (Former Member Gone @ June 01 2005,19:01)
Dang dude, nice guitar tones. This is a really good cover. Very true to the original. And yeah, the thing at the end is kinda neat.

Thanks Jason. Don't know about true to the original. I WISH!! :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

Likewise, No offense Mr Soul ,but not an entirely unexpected comment from you.

Actually I thought you did quite well on the vocals, but Bono is a very, very good singer IMO. I’d rather hear you sing your own music.

To answer your original question, I think Bono wouldn’t even bother listening to anyone else who covered his material.
Quote (Mr Soul @ June 02 2005,12:27)
[/quote]
Bono is a very, very good singer IMO

:D Has anyone ever seen bono live? I haven't but did you ever see him singing on the "Do they know it's xmas time at all" video. Pretty Bad. On the records he sounds really good. I'm just wondering how much antares is used now and how many takes they did before computer editing was available. Don't get me wrong, I really really like U2 and I really like Dylan, Zevon and any other vocalist that you can hear the emotion in the voice and not whether they are in tune or not, so you can see my taste for vocalist. :D Anyway, bruffie that was a really great cover, one of my favorite U2 cuts.
Quote (jeromee @ June 02 2005,12:47)
Anyway, bruffie that was a really great cover, one of my favorite U2 cuts.

Thanks Jeromee. But it wasn't a very intense effort at the vox. 1 take on the lead plus harmonies added. As I said it was just playing around for fun to see if the Tagalog ending would work :)
Quote (Mr Soul @ June 02 2005,12:27)
Actually I thought you did quite well on the vocals, but Bono is a very, very good singer IMO. I'd rather hear you sing your own music.

To answer your original question, I think Bono wouldn't even bother listening to anyone else who covered his material.

Mike, that's high praise from you and I'll take it at face value. wish I could sing my own music but unfortunately I am not musically gifted and don't play anything except drums. Although I have written a few songs it's difficult to find someone to collaborate with when you can't even write music. I have heard your music and have to admit (grudgingly :D ), that your level of expertise is impressive, but I just don't have that ability and, for me ,I can just have fun doing whatever I can.
I am sure you are right about Bono, he's not known for his lack of arrogance.
Interestingly, I did write a song which Beefy Steve recorded and I added backing Vox. Would appreciate your opinion(seriously)
Out of Reach