even with latest n-track, snaptogrid no go

I want to use, as I had become accustomed to doing so on older n-tracks, the “view” you get with snap to grid, like with 1/8 or 1/16, to where you can easily move portions of wav files back and forth.

Even with latest version, that is just not working for me.

I currently have the setting on sixteenth/straight and i see NOTHING until i keep hitting the horiz max thing and all of the sudden i see a HUGE grid to where nothing is really visible. i mean, i just set it to 32nd/straight and set the grid to ALWAYS Display, and i get the same behavior.

what’s the deal?

Don’t know…I use 3.3

cliff
:cool:

Quote (dcougle @ Feb. 27 2007,00:19)
I want to use, as I had become accustomed to doing so on older n-tracks, the “view” you get with snap to grid, like with 1/8 or 1/16, to where you can easily move portions of wav files back and forth.

Even with latest version, that is just not working for me.

I currently have the setting on sixteenth/straight and i see NOTHING until i keep hitting the horiz max thing and all of the sudden i see a HUGE grid to where nothing is really visible. i mean, i just set it to 32nd/straight and set the grid to ALWAYS Display, and i get the same behavior.

what’s the deal?

I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem. At a given zoom level the program will hide the grid if the spacing between the grid lines is less than approximately 2 pixels. The reason you don’t see the grid lines might be that the zoom level is too low, zooming in the time axis a few times should make the grid lines appear.
I’ve posted 4 screenshots showing the behavior. When the grid is set to Measure and 8th you can see the grid lines.

When the grid is set to 16th the grid lines are too close and the grid lines are hidden. Pressing the zoom in button twice makes the grid lines appear. Snapping obviously works wether or not the grid lines are visible on the timeline.
If that’s not the behavior you see please send me some screenshots showing the problem and what settings did you use to make it appear.

Flavio.