Ex-Bush aide convicted in D.C. corruption case

Safavian found guilty on 4 counts of obstruction, making false.

We got another one of your right-wing Abramoff’s cronies today. Hey ksdb - I suppose this conviction was just another attempt to bring someone in the admin down (unfairly) :laugh:

Quote (Mr Soul @ June 20 2006,12:46)
[URL=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13436161/]

We got another one of your right-wing Abramoff’s cronies today.

“we?” who is this “we” whiteman?

you did nothing but gloat about the outcome. Just outcome, it seems, in this case.

Your girlish glee over “evil right-wingers” who get indicted, jailed, subpoened, or stub their big toe is just…childish.
Quote (Mr Soul @ June 20 2006,12:46)
Safavian found guilty on 4 counts of obstruction, making false.

We got another one of your right-wing Abramoff's cronies today. Hey ksdb - I suppose this conviction was just another attempt to bring someone in the admin down (unfairly) :laugh:

His prosecution was helped by another Bush crony responsible for the investigation: Alice Fisher in the Justice Department, whom Bush had to appoint during a recess because the Democrats didn't seem to want her. Do you have a problem with Bush rooting out corruption or do you think the Democrats would have preferred someone less efficient??

I can’t comment on Alice Fisher because I don’t know anything about her, but I definitely don’t trust any information from you, or your interpretation, without you backing it up.

Here’s a picture and a link to help you know who she is:

Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division Alice Fisher, leaves the U.S. District Courthouse in Washington, after David Safavian was found guilty, Tuesday, June 20, 2006, of covering up his dealings with Republican influence-peddler Jack Abramoff.

More on Fisher: a "Bush crony"

Bush Sneaks In Another Recess Appointment

Bush Bypasses Senate to Install Official

Thank you for the links.

Are you suggesting that the Senate should just rubber-stamp all Presidential appointees?

Why weren’t Clinton’s appointees approved by the Republican Congress?

This nomination was typical of the Bush admin - trying to get around the Congress. Cheney was just on record stating the power of the Executive was greatly eroded & they had worked hard to get it back. Too funny Dick.

Quote (Mr Soul @ June 20 2006,15:04)
Thank you for the links.

Are you suggesting that the Senate should just rubber-stamp all Presidential appointees?

Why weren't Clinton's appointees approved by the Republican Congress?

This nomination was typical of the Bush admin - trying to get around the Congress. Cheney was just on record stating the power of the Executive was greatly eroded & they had worked hard to get it back. Too funny Dick.

Why did you drop the argument in your OP?? You said they got one of "MY" cronies. Funny, but it took one of "MY" cronies to get one of "MY" cronies. What have your cronies been doing?? Are they content to be on the sidelines??

I had cronies once. A big shot of penicillin cleared 'em right up…

D

Nice diversionary post ksdb. Funny - I didn’t hear you crying about Clinton’s nominations getting stalled.

Your cronies (Bush) was a big buddy of Abramoff until he got caught and then Bush couldn’t even remember meeting Abramoff. Same thing with Ken Lay - Bush & he were big buddies also until Lay got caught.

These guys are your cronies because you enabled them to get into power & you support them no matter what.

LOL :D :D :D

Diogenes are you sure you didn’t have democrabs
Or maybe ingrown Repubicans

That older chick in that picture kinda turns my crank…im sick

<!–QuoteBegin>

That older chick in that picture kinda turns my crank…im sick

Throw a flag over her head. Do it for your country!

D

ksdb - since you appear to happy that justice was served with Safavian who was convicted of lying & OBJ, I’m assuming that you’ve changed your stance on Libby who has been charged with the same kind of crimes.

Quote (Mr Soul @ June 20 2006,15:19)
Nice diversionary post ksdb. Funny - I didn’t hear you crying about Clinton’s nominations getting stalled.

Funny, but I’m staying on topic and you’re not. Why would that be??

Your cronies (Bush) was a big buddy of Abramoff until he got caught and then Bush couldn’t even remember meeting Abramoff. Same thing with Ken Lay - Bush & he were big buddies also until Lay got caught.

Yet since you suggested Bush and Cheney have usurped too much power, so why didn’t Bush just pardon these guys or find a crooked way to protect them instead of having HIS justice department nail them??

These guys are your cronies because you enabled them to get into power & you support them no matter what.

You’re right, I support their convictions no matter what goofy comments you come up with.
Quote (Mr Soul @ June 20 2006,15:29)
ksdb - since you appear to happy that justice was served with Safavian who was convicted of lying & OBJ, I'm assuming that you've changed your stance on Libby who has been charged with the same kind of crimes.

Libby hasn't been found guilty. If he is, then it's his own fault and he deserves justice. Why would you think otherwise?? Maybe you're used to crooks getting away with lying??

Now you lie again. You went off-topic by talking about Fisher & the Democrat who blocked her. Your favorite thing is to go off-topic. You did that on the Plame case by bringing up Wilson.

Answer my question: was it OK for Clinton’s nominations to be blocked?

You don’t dare answer my questions because you know I’ll catch in hypocricsy.

Quote (Mr Soul @ June 20 2006,15:38)
Now you lie again. You went off-topic by talking about Fisher & the Democrat who blocked her. Your favorite thing is to go off-topic. You did that on the Plame case by bringing up Wilson.

Enough with the mindless, baseless accusations of lying. Act like an adult for a change, no matter how out of character it is for you.

Fisher is ON TOPIC; she brought down Safavian. This makes the assertion in your OP misleading.

Answer my question: was it OK for Clinton’s nominations to be blocked?

Which nominations and what relevance do they have to this thread?? If you want to talk about Clinton, maybe you can explain why his idea of the justice department was to incinerate people in Waco and to kidnap little boys in the middle of the night to send them back to communist countries.

You don’t dare answer my questions because you know I’ll catch in hypocricsy.

What hypocrisy?? Where did I say anything about Clinton nominees??

But you right-winger’s lie all the time. And when organizations like Media Matters expose your lies, you cry foul.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Alice Fisher in the Justice Department, whom Bush had to appoint during a recess because the Democrats didn’t seem to want her. Do you have a problem with Bush rooting out corruption or do you think the Democrats would have preferred someone less efficient??

This had NOTHING to do with this discussion & you know it. Diversionary tactics.
Quote (Mr Soul @ June 20 2006,15:51)
But you right-winger's lie all the time.

Kick his ass Sea Bass!!!!!

Jesus Mike, could you paint with a more broad brush.

Creditability GONE. With that single statement.

But you right-winger’s lie all the time. And when organizations like Media Matters expose your lies, you cry foul.

What does Media Matters have to do with anything?? You complain about diversionary tactics, yet that’s all this is.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Alice Fisher in the Justice Department, whom Bush had to appoint during a recess because the Democrats didn’t seem to want her. Do you have a problem with Bush rooting out corruption or do you think the Democrats would have preferred someone less efficient??

This had NOTHING to do with this discussion & you know it. Diversionary tactics.

Bush hired Fisher and brought down his own “crony.” Does this make Bush good or bad??