Export Multitrack

With n Track on PC1 and Sonar on PC2, I need to export multiple wave tracks from ntrack in PC1 to Sonar in PC2 for further work with other tracks in Sonar on PC2. How do I get to export multiple wave tracks that can be easily imported into Sonar? The two PCs are connected by LAN.

You could try exporting to EDL format (File/Export). I just discovered this nifty feature for transferring song files to and from Reaper.

Paul

The trick with EDL though is what EDL IS… Edit Decision List is basically a text file about the project which explains where the media is located, what type, start and end points, etc, etc…

Point is exporting an n project on PC1 and importing it on PC2 may be problematic if PC2 can’t locate the files specified in the EDL.

Try it. It’s not too difficult and may save you buttloads of work.

D

But why can’t you simply copy the EDL file and the associated wav files across the lan to PC2, import it, process it, then copy it back?

The other option is that EDL text file option. If it is a text file, could you not find/replace the file paths to whatever PC2 would see that location (mapping the location), then process the wav files from PC2?

Just my 2 cents…

you could email the edl’s to the other pooter. ???

Quote: (vanclan @ Mar. 28 2008, 1:12 PM)

But why can't you simply copy the EDL file and the associated wav files across the lan to PC2, import it, process it, then copy it back?

The other option is that EDL text file option. If it is a text file, could you not find/replace the file paths to whatever PC2 would see that location (mapping the location), then process the wav files from PC2?

Just my 2 cents...

Yep. I was just saying he/she needs to be aware... you know... just in case? :)

D

Isnt there a way to export physical wave tracks, say eight of them?

The ntrack manual says thus:
“The Bounce and Process track command consolidates the track into a single wave file and also gives the option to permanently apply track effects, EQ, volume envelopes. It also gives the option to create a wave file that starts at the beginning of the song for easier exporting of tracks to 3rd party programs (see below).

Tips:
Hold down the Ctrl key while pressing the Freeze button (or when selecting the Bounce command right clicking on a track) to freeze/bounce all the tracks in the song. Launch the the Bounce and Process track command, the Bounce Options dialog box will appear, select Bounce from beginning of song and click on Bounce all tracks. This will bounce all the song tracks so that you'll be able to painlessly import the tracks into a new song and the tracks will automatically be in sync with each other. The command is also useful for preparing the tracks for exporting the song to 3rd party multitrack editing programs.”