ez drummer users.....

Been thinking about getting ez drummer.

Can anyone who uses it let me know what copy protection it uses (if any)?

Ignoring licence issues etc, can I install it on two separate partitions on my DAW or does it need some challege-response type install?

Cheers!

Mark

I have it on 2 machines Mark - I think you’re allowed 3 but I’d have to check it to be sure.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 23 2009, 3:28 PM)

I have it on 2 machines Mark - I think you're allowed 3 but I'd have to check it to be sure.

Thank you PW. That's great. I may want to put it on my laptop for working on tracks when away from the DAW.

Anything else I should know about it?

Is it as good as I think it is?

Mark

I like it a lot - some folks like addictive - I’ve been using EZ for so long though - would be hard to pry me away from it. The workflow is real simple. Drag and drop clips into your program track. n is a bear at that still… you may wanna consider that r program for midi work. Editing in piano roll is a pice of cake too if you wanna tweak a pattern or fill.

I like it for playing midi imports too. What else… oh the best feature - you can multi channel the kit to isolate each drum on it’s own track, plus the EZD mixer rocks for tweeking the sound. Just like all these programs though I wanna warn ya - the need for the next kit pack will be a couple months down the road. :)

You might want to check out EZD’s Toontrack Superior also. :agree:

The sounds are awesome - easy to use. What else is there?

It’s great software Mark.

They allow you to install on two systems and give you four “activations” before you have to call 'em up and explain what the heck you are doing. That means two installations uses two “activations”. Each new installation or new computer/reinstall etc… uses an “activation”. Your destination PC needs to be online to easily do the activation. If not, it can be done with a file download and activate via USB thumb drive or floppy disk (remember those?) but it’s a bit more of a hassle.

D

I just got a Toontrack
update in my inbox…

They must be launching an update for one of their programs…
I didn’t pay much attention to what was in the mail from them…

The version that was on special back then was on for 99 bucks…
The one Ryan was suggesting I invest in was $179.00 USD…

I was That Close to downloading/buying one of the versions just around Christmas time…
I regret that I didn’t get it then…
I was gonna add it to the order I placed with Ryan Murphy at Sweetwater… It wouldda taken me a month to get all the samples with that Dial-up and modem…
:p
:laugh:

However, the P-111 I have may struggle copping with the the requirements/loads that the application needs to operate efficiently…
And the machine may be on the short end for ram…
as well…
I only have 512 meg of old-style ram on that mainboard…
I think it’s a little short on the resources that EZDrummer needs…
AnYwAy…

Bill…

Thanks for the replies Bill, PW, D.

So can I use my own Midi tracks/items?

I’m already using the R thing for quite a few a tasks nowadays.

Cheers guys

Mark

Just remember not to change your hardware setup. For example if you add Internet to your system, EZ will pick it up as a hardware change And then you will have to reactivate and use another of your (4) activations. Stated another way, when you install EZ, make sure that your hardware status is the way you want it (for the forseeable future).
Check the EZ forums on this.
Also you can activate the computer you install EZ on from another computer. So if you decide to install EZ on a computer that you do not want on the Internet, you can still activate it using another computer that is on the Internet. Again check out the EZ forums on this. (search ‘activation’)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 23 2009, 4:04 PM)

I like it a lot - some folks like addictive - I've been using EZ for so long though - would be hard to pry me away from it. The workflow is real simple. Drag and drop clips into your program track. n is a bear at that still....

I've had no problems draggin and droppin midi files out of addictive drums onto tracks in nTrack. Simple and easy. Well at least until now. Now that my neighbor knows that could change I supose. :)

I know of which I speak.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 23 2009, 7:46 PM)

I know of which I speak.

uh oh maybe neighbor has reached his ugly tentacle out to your way, mercy! Or as the deadmun proudly says: scooted on its behind propelled by it's disgusting gaseous fumes to you. I'd look into that if I where you. Draggin and dropin midi, to simple.

You need to load up Reaper and see just how easy it is.

I know of which I speak o’bluesy one.

Quote: (woxnerw @ Mar. 23 2009, 4:30 PM)

However, the P-111 I have may struggle copping with the the requirements/loads that the application needs to operate efficiently..
And the machine may be on the short end for ram..
as well..
I only have 512 meg of old-style ram on that mainboard..
I think it's a little short on the resources that EZDrummer needs..
AnYwAy....

GEEZ BILL?!?!?!? WHY, OH WHY are you STILL going on about that OLD, TIRED, OBSOLETE BEYOND ALL REASON P frickin' III?!?!?!?

What are you using that STATE OF THE ART, SUPER-DUPER, Creation Station for? A door stop? That thing should run n-Track, Drumagogg, GoldWave, EZ Drummer etc, etc, AND a half dozen SETI search cells without breaking a sweat!

Come on old friend... toss that old P-III in the dumpster. Get it on with that new machine. It makes my heart hurt to see you STILL struggling with that old clunker... Look. If I have to, I'll make a few phone calls and have a few "friends" with Italian surnames slip into your house and take that P-III for a "ride"... Capiche?

D - honorary member of the Canadian Mafiosi...

I concur!

Me too - If its because of some plugin or hardware that only works with that machine, scrap it anyway. Chances are you just think you can’t do without it. I just read
The Sweetwater Creation Station DAW (Part 1)
Part 2 is at bottom of part 1. You should read it. And this is an older Creation Station.
Get one 'puter for your hi-speed connection (not your new one) make your new one a studio production machine and forget about Anit-virus, network, and all that crap,(for the production machine of course)
and just use an External USB to exchange files between one and the other.
Also forget all the OS update bullshit also. Go with what you got.

I concuringly concur that pw concurred and 7 and all and deadmun is in concurrence then Bill needs to put that old comp out of the way and get creative! Why not wiite songs Bill? Get some hot beats, let the momentum carry you, then, then question what your doing!
And before you know it, you’ll have another song. :)

,just a thought :laugh:

You guys are funny…goin’ after Bill and p-111. I imagine p-111 as being like an old dog, gray around the muzzle, bad hips, hardly able to eat or poop, a little grumpy sometimes, always napping, but always there with that “love ya” look. :love:

Now, how can Bill give it up? Poor old p-111…

Oh yeah…I use EZD w/R and its pretty simple.

cliff