EZDrummer.  $29

Just buy it.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EZdrummer

£18! Done:-) Cheers, Mark.

Bloody Hell, Mark, talk about jumpin’ through hoops!? It’s taken about 2hrs to authorise the bugger.

All I’ve gotta do now is remember where my pad-set is… oh oh!? Just got that feeling that I “lent” them to “a mate”:slight_smile:

Agreed, Tony, this is ridiculous. I only have the stand alone version going now. How the heck to I get it into the VST folder? that option never came up during installation.

You know who does authorization properly? Native Instruments.

au contraire!? My Natives are still jammed in their folder,
Not tried plugging it in to n yet - shall we hold hands?
:laugh:

Hm. Perhaps I am misremembering. The only one that I’ve run into that is worse than this one is the Vienna SO. It is totally worth cutting off a toe or two for, however.

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 25 2011, 6:49 PM)

Agreed, Tony, this is ridiculous.
I only have the stand alone version going now.
How the heck to I get it into the VST folder?
that option never came up during installation.

You know who does authorization properly?
Native Instruments.

I give up, Tom. Is it just me, or are there no vst docs?

got me. i gave up for the night. i’m so beat i can only type with 1 hand. ???

Tony, Mark says to make sure to include program files/vstplugins in the vst scan. The program installs there.

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 25 2011, 8:43 PM)

Tony, Mark says to make sure to include program files/vstplugins in the vst scan.
The program installs there.

Cheers guys but still no luck. Come to think of it, one of my probs is that vst re-scan has never worked for me without the scanner crashing.

Is it set to scan in the right places?

Yes. Second of the only two available paths. I reckon I’ve got a bad plug that crashes n-T VST scanner.

Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 27 2011, 1:33 PM)

I reckon I've got a bad plug that crashes n-T VST scanner.

Yep. Seen that myself. Divide an conquer.

Remove half of plugins (put them somewhere else not in the Vst scan path). If it still crashes you know which half the bad plug is in. Keep repeating until you find the culprit.

Mark = smart.

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 27 2011, 6:23 AM)

Mark = smart.

That's a great plan. I'll try to man-up later and get that job done.
What d'you reckon that there could be EZD authorisation issues through not choosing to 'custom install'?

I did not do a custom install, just the regular default one. Apparently there are components places in various places and they need to be in those places or it won’t work.

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 27 2011, 3:06 PM)

I did not do a custom install, just the regular default one.
Apparently there are components places in various places and they need to be in those places or it won't work.

I woke up. Do an (XP) re-install and you get to choose vsti folder. I've not finished, yet, though;-)
Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 27 2011, 3:46 PM)

Apparently there are components places in various places and they need to be in those places or it won't work.

I woke up. Do an (XP) re-install and you get to choose vsti folder. I've not finished, yet, though;-)

Sorted. Custom re-install > chose vsti folder > restart > re-scan vst > didn't work > then found EZD dll in Shared VST folder. Why does some stuff migrate to the shared folder - I don't really understand, or care, why I would need a funkin' shared folder;-)

Any way, it works. Cheers Mark, Tom.
Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 27 2011, 4:10 PM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 27 2011, 3:46 PM)

Sorted. Custom re-install > chose vsti folder > restart > re-scan vst > didn't work > then found EZD dll in Shared VST folder. Why does some stuff migrate to the shared folder - I don't really understand, or care, why I would need a funkin' shared folder;-)

Any way, it works. Cheers Mark, Tom.

PS. I didn't check the creation time-stamp of the dll and can't be arsed to but it may have been there from the initial install. Check your folder first.