EZDrummer.  $29

Now, Tony, that is exactly the folder we’ve been trying to point you to. And I am supposedly a teacher by profession. smacks own head Anyway, it is a fun thing to play with. I need more kits.

Can a teacher smack ones own head without falling foul and some nut-bucket legislation?
:laugh:

Oh, you are probably right! smacks own head even harder

Stop it! It’s silly.
I too need more kits. What’s the community like, I wonder? :laugh:

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 28 2011, 10:06 AM)

I did not do a custom install, just the regular default one.
Apparently there are components places in various places and they need to be in those places or it won't work.

And (possibly worse) when you install and upgrade/patch it won't work either.
Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 28 2011, 11:56 AM)

I need more kits.

Yep. Me too. Still struggling along with the default one although I did get brave on one song and split the snare out to a separate track and route that to a sampler with a different snare sound.
Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 28 2011, 1:19 PM)

Stop it! It's silly.
I too need more kits. What's the community like, I wonder?
:laugh:

Go and take a look Tony. If you don't come back we'll know it's either a) Dangerous and they kidnapped you or b) It's a lot more fun that here and you have forgotten about us.

skull ‘n’ crossbones :laugh:

I’m goin’ in!

Kits? Cats? Sax? Wives? Tony, to what community do you peregrinate?

The drummer I played with in the 1980s had one of these kits - his was actually the one used by Brownsville Station to record “Smokin’ in the Boys Room”:

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=9

And it sounds exactly like Steve, the drummer. Wow.

So, the quality of this is about equal to my usual miserable whiney stuff, but I wanted to play with the EZ drums.
:)

http://mysongs.ntrack.com/shell.php?action=mysongs&songfocus=9

I should warn – this is a headphone mix b/c everyone is asleep at this point.

wow that was a weird Ntrack portal there Tom…never been inside there… ???

the drums sound pretty good, it’s no Slate but no fruity loops either…it’s sounds like with the right amount of effort put into fills and inflection you could make one convincing drum track with EZ.

dontcare

Is Slate good or bad?

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 04 2011, 3:58 PM)

Is Slate good or bad?

Good for roofs.

Can't check your track, Tom. I'm already logged in but new page won't accept my details.

Is Slate good or bad?

you'd have to read the reviews yourself to answer that,

Slate Drums but most are pretty favorable.

I would put Fruity loops on the other side of that spectrum, (boring and monotonous and not too many realistic sounding drums) EZ sounds like it fills a happy medium in cost to efficiency potential there.

dontcare
Quote: (dontcare @ Dec. 04 2011, 5:10 PM)

Is Slate good or bad?

you'd have to read the reviews yourself to answer that,

Slate Drums but most are pretty favorable.

I would put Fruity loops on the other side of that spectrum, (boring and monotonous and not too many realistic sounding drums) EZ sounds like it fills a happy medium in cost to efficiency potential there.

dontcare

Yup. It's not the most creative toy but the samps are layered quite nicely, and plenty of 'em, too. I keep wishing it had an exciting edit box.

Well, don’t confuse my boring music with a bad instrument.

I do most of my beats in midi these days, so I don’t know how that would translate into some of these loop based proggies.

I find loops to be musically stifling, I like to do a lot of speed ups and slow downs, tempo changes time sig changes, give it that natural breathing feel, like music has that is being played by a live band.

if you had more time Tom I’m sure you could do something more to spruce up the overall excitement production wise to the tunes, a lot of subtle differences add up to something that has a climax and ending after a while.

dontcare

Quote: (dontcare @ Dec. 06 2011, 2:56 PM)

I do most of my beats in midi these days, so I don't know how that would translate into some of these loop based proggies.

I find loops to be musically stifling, I like to do a lot of speed ups and slow downs, tempo changes time sig changes, give it that natural breathing feel, like music has that is being played by a live band.

if you had more time Tom I'm sure you could do something more to spruce up the overall excitement production wise to the tunes, a lot of subtle differences add up to something that has a climax and ending after a while.

dontcare

EZD is just a pretty midi creator, like n-TDrums, not a looper.