Fade out rumbleing

Anyone else?

I’ve noticed a faint rumble added to the end of a couple of my songs where i’m using the fade out tool.
Anyone having experienced a turntable and what it sounds like when the needle is on the lp and you turn the table manually a little.
A low down rumble, scratch like sound.
That’s what this sound sounds like, only a lot lower in volume of course.

I heard it at the end of one of my songs online but thought that it was MYSPACE, after what some of y’all have said about myspace.
But sorry to say I think it’s coming from nTrack somehow.

Quote: (Levi @ Jul. 01 2009, 9:20 PM)

I've noticed a faint rumble added to the end of a couple of my songs where i'm using the fade out tool.
Anyone having experienced a turntable and what it sounds like when the needle is on the lp and you turn the table manually a little.
A low down rumble, scratch like sound.
That's what this sound sounds like, only a lot lower in volume of course.

I heard it at the end of one of my songs online but thought that it was MYSPACE, after what some of y'all have said about myspace.
But sorry to say I think it's coming from nTrack somehow.

>I've noticed a faint rumble added to the end of a couple of my songs >where i'm using the fade out tool.

I have a problem on the other end. I need to make 30-second samples of the tunes from my CD. I want the clips to fade in and out. The fade-out is fine, but if I select a region at the beginning as click the fade-in button (volume increase) I get a fraction of a second at regular volume and then a drop and climb. This only happens with logarithmic. With linear, I get a click at the beginning. If I try to cut out the click, it does not work.

Using latest build of version 6 on Windows.
Quote:

I get a fraction of a second at regular volume and then a drop and climb

That's odd! My occurance is odd too. I've checked all the end noides, they are set at inf. And I'm getting the sound just past those on the time line. I have no clue why I'm hearing this or why it's happening.
The jump in volume your experiancing is unbelievable! Aparently we are the only ones experianceing this or others haven't worked with the fade tool in the v6 nTracks. I'll try to submitt a bug report tomarrow, maybe Flavio can confirm a problem with the fade tool.

Flavio says it’s not a bug
:agree:

So what was it?

D

Good question D. At this point I don’t know. It’s happening on two diffrent machines both running v6 2479. After fade out using the fade out tool. At a point where all levells are at inf. Must be something that I’m over looking somewhere. I do have a bad habbit of installing and keeping the previous builds settings. That must have something to do with it.

I just found this note from Flavio that sheds new light on the subject.
Only prob is that it’s the 4th and I’m not testin today :laugh: Eatin like a pig, drinkin a little, and pickin a lot
:agree:
I have to admit, I didn’t consider the master channell.

My method was to highlight the end of the song by clicking on a spot on the first track and draging down and to just past the end, to highlight all the tracks together. Then hitting the fade out tool. Lazy way of doing it I guess.

Quote:

That’s quite strange. What is that is being faded out at the end of the song,
the tracks volume envelopes or the master channel? If it’s the tracks that are
being faded out, try fading out the master volume too (select the downward
arrow near the volume button in the toolbar and select ‘Master volume’ from the
popup menu).
To see if the problem is related to some effect or VSTi that is used in the
song, try bypassing all of the effects.

Flavio

I betcha it’s something on an Aux channel. Maybe…

I almost always do song fade outs in an external editor so I don’t think I’ve ever ran into this one before. I take my mixdowns, load 'em in Adobe Audition, trim, tweak, fade, etc and change formats there if need be. Some good “Mastering” tools in Audition…

D

Thx D. I’ve only used the fad tool twice. But yea I’ll be checkin for it.