Fallen Hero

New song

:D Hate to put y'all back to work but here's a new song you can check out.
Why did I name it Fallen Hero? Well around 112 I hear a shot, the tempo of the song and the emotions that it stirred.

I must have done something right, I have no problem hearing the bass guitar on my laptop!
Hope you like it,
Levi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=378106

My method of writing changed on this song. I had this experimental drum track that I hooked up in N, then got out my bass and started jamming.
I usually start with a bunch of guitar ideas that I’ve worked on but wanted to hear the drums and bass together.
That seduced me into getting out the guitar.
The hook riff that I repeat in this song was a natural fit, but i definitely had trouble with this little scale at first.
Hey, that’s my nature with songs that I write, I always hear something that I want to develop, from them, and grow with it as a musician.

That mix was with head phones (apartment living)… I just heard it through speekers and still like it.
The guitar is a little fatter than I usually mix.
I might thin that and bring the drums up in the mix.
:agree:

Yeah that is different than your other stuff, the style is just different, the bass comes through real well, I like the guitar sounds, but like you wrote it’s different than your other tracks, I think it works. I’m hearing it with some good headphones but can’t get to speakers right now, but the mix and levels seem good now. I like the song, all your guitar parts and bass parts fit into the slow pace and blend together. I wonder if at some parts the bass could have done the riff differently than what the guitar was doing, just to change it up a little. But hey liked the song, I aint complaining!

Quote:

The guitar is a little fatter than I usually mix.
I might thin that and bring the drums up in the mix.

I like fat.
:) You should experiment more often.

Hi guys thanks for your input.
I just finished mixing it properly.
With the studio monitors, it dooo makes a difference.
The mix gave it life, and more defined parts.

Yea I usually have more luck jamin the bass to the guitar unless it’s a simple structure like 12bb.
I’m liking this, wondering if the drums could come up yet?

Sorry I took the sour note out :laugh:
I got the impression y’all didn’t like that.

One suggestion: A very short intro… A guitar squeal or two? Just seems awful quick into the melody. Sorry I can’t find anything else to criticize, but I really like this.
:)

Levi - I’ve been kind of busy at home today - no time to really pay attention like I should - I listened to your tune briefly and figured you were still dialin’ it in.

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Jan. 28 2009, 4:56 PM)

I wonder if at some parts the bass could have done the riff differently than what the guitar was doing, just to change it up a little.

Thx kevin,
When you get a chance listen again and point out any areas you see changes needed.
I remixed, cleaned it up. I appreciate you!
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 28 2009, 10:03 PM)

Levi - I've been kind of busy at home today - no time to really pay attention like I should - I listened to your tune briefly and figured you were still dialin' it in.

Right, you guys have me figured.
I did have some solid mix time this afternoon and got the drums up too, sounds more like a band now.
I'm likin it a lot.
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Jan. 28 2009, 10:01 PM)

One suggestion: A very short intro... A guitar squeal or two? Just seems awful quick into the melody. Sorry I can't find anything else to criticize, but I really like this.
:)

Thx! Ya I should do something like that.
We,ll see if I get a chance to do that tomarrow.
I like the suggestion. Dammmm I like it so much I've got to go put it in now! Thx!

The Man loves his SG… Jammin Tune there Levi…10-10-10 :)

Quote: (Daner @ Jan. 29 2009, 5:03 PM)

10-10-10 :)

Fertilizer? ^^^

Cool tune Levi! Love the feel of this one! :agree:

What is cool Danner, is the fact that we go around being what we are.
Musicians who love to write and record.
We might go to the grocery store (or general store :laugh: ) and mingle in our communities, and no one thinks to much about it.
We might mention our music to someone and they seem excited about it.
BUT HERE we are hooked up with a bunch who love to do the very same thing.
Write and record music!
I can’t tell you how much I truly appreciate you for what you do and what you say!
Thx cowboy!

Thx Zay I appreciate it!
Got some additions coming soon that definitely sweeten the pie a little here! Hope that y’all check back later.
Levi

Thx Kevin! I added a very cool intro thanks to you. The mix is off but I love the addition of the intro and appreciate your input. What are you up to? Have any new projects happenin?
Thx good buddy!

Quote: (Levi @ Jan. 28 2009, 3:55 AM)

Have another listen, comments welcome!
^
^
^
^
Finally got it together with this song and mix.
Wow what a fight. :laugh: But I won!
Well it's Saterday I better take my shower and clean up the apartment
:laugh:
Quote:

Well it's Saterday I better take my shower and clean up the apartment

I had intended to do some house cleaning today, but ended up working on music all day. Instead of completing anything, I've started 3 different recordings in the past 3 days. Today, I even put a drum track together from scratch. Never did that before... well, never got one to turn out usable before. Came up with a thing on my acoustic this morning that has some kind of weird time signature (10/8, I think, but I'm not really sure), so I decided to make a drum track for it. I may post it tomorrow. And not that I'm suddenly an expert on drumming, but I liked your intro better before you put the drums with it. (You may say the same thing to me when you hear my latest project.)
:laugh:
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Jan. 31 2009, 11:21 PM)

I liked your intro better before you put the drums with it.

I'm sure that you like it plenty when you hear it live :laugh:
Looks like I still have some more work to do on it yet.

Did you see that blue note that Flavio added, by the whats new in this version area?

He has some plans for nDrummer and a few other things.
That a pretty cool little tool.

What do you use to make your drum tracks with?

Levi, what cha using on the guitar and bass for the doublin effect, a Whammy Pedal or a VST maybe? Just curious.

Like the remix, but also liked the intro with out the drums.