Fatal errors

crash and audio playback

eversince i downloaded the latest version. this has been happening. now i can’t figure out how to fix this problem.
I opened program. The program keeps defaulting to 48K 24bit. (my internal card can is a Sigmatel 16bit card) I change it to 44100 and 16bit. It asks if I want all the media converted? never did this before. could i have been recording stuff in 480000 and 24bit. because the audio if I set it back to 44K or anything else playbacks back all scrambled up sounding.
Then I go to playback and recording devices and set up for sigmatel WMD or even sigmatel MME for playback and record. Once selected and program shuts down, then the fatal error comes. Can someone please help.
I have stuff recorded that I need to mix. It’s only 2 tracks of a guitar and drum rif. Now none of it will play right. I even downloaded ASIO4all but that didn’t change anything either.

mouseover next to the hammer on playback meter - a small grey buttom will appear - click on it - re-select your soundcard from popup menu - should now work OK

Dr J

Hi guitarguts:
When you are prompted to convert all your media to another sample rate… Do you reply with yes-or-no? If you reply with no and you don’t get the correct response, I would (The Next Time) reply with yes… Then see what happens… It still may not be right for your audio card but what will happen is, your audio files will be converted to another sampling frequency. No Big Deal… I’ve had that happen before.

Check Settings>Record settings> make sure that 44100khz is selected and “Custom” has the sampling frequency you want to use typed into the space-in-custom…

That may be worth a try… Just checking…

Bill…

[edit]
That blue type is pretty hard to see against the gray background… Just a suggestion… Try another contrasting “Type” colour…

Hey Guitarguts, can I kindly recommend that you use a darker text color when posting? :)

Here’s what I’ve got in the profiles of this song I’m putting together.

n-Track Studio 16 bit Version 5.0.8 build 2275 (01/05/2007)
2 tracks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track 1
Audio channel
Wave file 0: C:\Application Data
-Track Studio5\New song_29l.wav
Offset = 0 - Length = 17235968 - Start = 32768
Sampling freq: 44100 - Bits: 16 - Channels: 1 - Length: 17268736
Expand mono tracks to stereo: no
Volume: -3.2
Pan: 0
EQ 1: freq: 100, boost: +3.80, bandwidth 1.50, type 3
EQ 2: freq: 2500, boost: +3.00, bandwidth 1.50, type 2
EQ 3: freq: 6000, boost: +6.00, bandwidth 1.50, type 1
Effects:
n-Track Parametric EQ
n-Track Reverb
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track 2
Audio channel
Wave file 0: C:\Application Data
-Track Studio5\New song_27r.wav
Offset = 0 - Length = 17235968 - Start = 32768
Sampling freq: 44100 - Bits: 16 - Channels: 1 - Length: 17268736
Volume: -1.5
EQ 1: freq: 100, boost: +2.40, bandwidth 1.50, type 3
EQ 2: freq: 2500, boost: -3.60, bandwidth 1.50, type 2
EQ 3: freq: 6000, boost: +5.20, bandwidth 1.50, type 1
Effects:
n-Track Parametric EQ
n-Track Reverb

Master 1
Audio channel
Volume: +0.0
EQ 1: freq: 100, boost: +0.00, bandwidth 1.50, type 3
EQ 2: freq: 2500, boost: +0.00, bandwidth 1.50, type 2
EQ 3: freq: 6000, boost: +0.00, bandwidth 1.50, type 1
Effects:

as you can see it was all recorded at 44100, 16bit.
So now all of a sudden it won’t playback. It sound garbeled and the pitch is way off. like 16 speed on a 45rpm record…

I can’t find anything on the playback meter except for the hammer and a round little green light. When I click on the hammer. I get the following:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

when I click it, I get only this box. No box for settings.
I went into preferences/

All I am doing is typing in the box. there is no option for text color? It black when I’m typing it. Tell me how to change it?

You may have to post a “Print Screen” of your timeline…

the other thing is, Go into settings and find where there is a “Box” that says “Revert to Default”… Start your n-Track from there, again…

It’s something you might consider…

Bill…

Your personal posting color is under Your Control Panel / Personal Info / Edit Your Profile. It’s down on the bottom of the page as Post Color. For black make sure the value show is #000000.

The picture posted at Photobucket doesn’t show what you get when the hammer is clicked. Did the rest of your post get truncated?

Hi phoo and Doc:
I hope he comes back to the thread… and he gets going on a solid footing…

Bill…