FAWM 2011

In your pc is a fully functional, staight-of-the-art, recording studio that would have cost
£$50,000,000 thirty years ago at $
£$Kerrrrching an hour.

Quote:

The point isn't to write **** music - but to maybe just 'let go'and 'do it'!!! Clear the back-log of creative ideas from your noggin.
For me, it would mean; not chattin' to you lot, spending two hours a day actually doing it, instead of eighteen hours a day thinking about it.
Un-disturbed space and time is my Gorgon's head.

EXACTLY.

Tina, I've done this for a couple of years, and no one has ever laughed at anyone about anything they have done, as far as I know.
And some of the stuff was very laughable, indeed.
But the standard is not what we usually have, because it is all so fast.
So people are very supportive.

Also, folks collaborate a lot there.
If you want to post lyrics, I guarantee you will find folks to do the music.

Oh, you can post the music on some other website, like soundclick or reverbnation or bandcamp.
Or you can post it on the FAWM site.

Some people only get 2 songs done, some will get 50, believe it or not.
I'm shooting for 14, no more, no less.

Craig's stuff last year was transcendent.
:agree:

I've been trying to come up with a working title for the collection. I think it will bed called "Sluggard."

I’m tempted for the 1st time ever Tom :laugh: I’ve written 14 songs in 6 years, so 14 in 28 days should be fun!!

Aw shucks Tom… :p

For anyone on the fence here I would say…FAWM…Why not?
I view it as a valuable learning curve.
It DOES clear out the backlog in your brain.
It DOES force you to come up with interesting ideas.
You WILL write a gem or two or ten!

WILLY! WILLY! WILLY! BRUFFIE! I MEAN WILLY! WILLY!

i spose this forum will be a bit quiet while your all at FAWM

Quote: (Willy Eckerslike @ Jan. 29 2011, 9:28 PM)

I'm tempted for the 1st time ever Tom
:laugh:
I've written 14 songs in 6 years, so 14 in 28 days should be fun!!

Good man, Willy.
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 31 2011, 12:29 PM)

i spose this forum will be a bit quiet while your all at FAWM

Hardly. It will be filled with postings alerting you to how much progress we are making, and that sort of thing. :agree:

So, does this mean you are in, as a lyricist?

i went on the fawm site looking for someone who needed words but didnt find anyone i will register if i can find someone

GMT. 10. 9. 8. 7

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 31 2011, 3:32 PM)

i went on the fawm site looking for someone who needed words but didnt find anyone i will register if i can find someone

Tina, would you like me to find a dozen or two for you? I'm horrid at lyrics. Could I have some? Some people ask a bunch to write songs using the same lyrics. that's often really interesting.
Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 31 2011, 5:36 PM)

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 31 2011, 3:32 PM)

Tina, would you like me to find a dozen or two for you? I'm horrid at lyrics.
Could I have some?
Some people ask a bunch to write songs using the same lyrics.
that's often really interesting.

Get in there, Tina. If you're rammed with ideas - just start spittin' 'em out. (I could use some)

You only live twice;-)

are you both serious you want some of my lyrics i havent written yet?
i did register but i havent a clue what i do next… ill write some tomorrow but what do i do with them?
im sorry i am so clueless its realy embarrasing

Post 'em here. PM them. Dropbox. Whatever :agree: ? No rules.

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 31 2011, 6:09 PM)

are you both serious you want some of my lyrics i havent written yet?
i did register but i havent a clue what i do next.. ill write some tomorrow but what do i do with them?
im sorry i am so clueless its realy embarrasing

Tina!!! This is as much your thing as anyone elses. You're the boss, too:-)

Tina, under what name are you registered? I’m there as Toms. On FAWM you can post lyrics, mp3 files, or links to other sites that have the music. I will be posting links to my bandcamp. Lots and lots of people only post lyrics. And, yes, that was a serious request. You may hate what I do with the lyrics, but I’ve done this several times with people over there, who give me lyrics and I try to fit a song around them, and sometimes it comes out really good. But even if it is bad, it counts as a song! And I have never not learned something from doing it.

Keep a look out for SuddenWinter. She’s my bosses daughter. Send some encouragement her way. Told her to look out for you guys too.

hey this is fabulous! im having so much fun ive written 2 lyrics this morning the words just tumbled out of me i havent done this sort of thing since i was a teen ager
im registered as tinam on FAWM & ive put the first one on there
they are more poems than song lyrics tho as im not a lyric writer
if its usable ill put the 2nd on

sod it im enjoying myself the first lyric got a nice comment so ive uploaded the 2nd!

Cool.