FAWM Songs

Of course, yours are much more complex, both lyrically and musically, than mine, Craig, which has something to do with it. :agree:

Yeah right!!!
:laugh:
???

I’ve been listening to you guys (Tom and Craig) all eve’ on and off, Great stuff. But!!! I want you both tested!!!

Here’s my first http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15285091/Spot%20The%20Fool.mp3

Hey Tony good stuff!!!

UK mid 80’s vibe. Awesome.

Like your voice there too Tony :p

Quote: (TonyR @ Feb. 04 2011, 12:28 PM)

I've been listening to you guys (Tom and Craig) all eve' on and off, Great stuff. But!!! I want you both tested!!!

Here's my first http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15285091/Spot%20The%20Fool.mp3

Me likey.

"picnic in a layby..... ". : -)

Hey Tom (where you going with that gun in....no wait, wrong song). Errm. Anyway, Tom, that reference to "Nora-free zone" on SuddenWinter's profile was a joke. We're hoping to record some of her stuff and I suggested a Nora Jones vibe. She said she hates Nora... so, well. Have you listened to her first offering? She writes very different stuff.

tony that is my favourite song so far from FAWM!!
i hope tom & craig wont mind if i say that they have there own style & you know what your gonna get from them but that was a total surprise i played it 5 times on the trot it is so catchy!!
great start!!

So, I’ve been in the basement for about 22 hours over the last 3 days as best as I can figure, and I am now completely limp, wasted, tired, booked, flattened, squished, frapped, mutilated, and generally done in.
But this one came out really really really fast, primarily because it has only one chord progression for 92% of the song.
It’s about a friend’s band, Scott Olson’s Cutouts - Scott played bass and led the band I was in 20 years ago.
Ya want, I can post those recordings too.
:)

"The Famous Freakout Slammin’ Cutout Show"

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track…ut-show

I will now take a couple of days off, I think.
I feel written out.

Mark - I have put the Nora free person on my watch list and will go listen now.

Thanks Tina. Come-on! you got some catchin’ up to do. Glad your sis’ has gone for it.

Cheers, guys. It’ll be nice to re-visit this to rework the few flats and other weak points.

I agree with Tina.
Totally a surprise.
Really excellent.
Who is singing?

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 04 2011, 1:33 PM)

"The Famous Freakout Slammin' Cutout Show"

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track....ut-show

I will now take a couple of days off, I think.
I feel written out.

Mark - I have put the Nora free person on my watch list and will go listen now.

Nice.

Production sounds great considering the speed you are getting these out Tom.

"I Feel written out". Now if that isn't a song title, what is?
Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 03 2011, 6:33 PM)

that is the best song youve done for quite a while & like tonys one i wanted to play it over again
are you realy sure you arent snowed in with steve miller in your basement

You guys are amazing!

Tom ‘Freakout’ is a great clean recording and I think your best to date also. Great song and production.

Tony R … I love that song. Very different and I like her voice a lot, Nice ending. Great song!!

Craig…give us a break mate :) Your songwriting quality is shining through as always. Go on holiday by all means :laugh:

I’ve done ONE which is a POS and not even gonna post it :p Really struggling to write to order. I envy Tom’s natural ability to turn out consistent quality songs so quickly.

I’m collaborating with a friend of mine on 3 songs, he’s hired a studio on Sunday which will be my 1st time to record in a ‘real’ studio. That means I’ve got 2 days to finish messing around with the lyrics. Maybe I can turn something out for FAWM after that.

Quote: (Paco572 @ Feb. 02 2011, 6:29 PM)

Here is a tune from my new album "Moon Over Old School". This is the title song. I'm not sure how well it will sound, I'm in the process of getting some studio monitors so I can really give that tone. This is a mastered version, so I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think of the sound quality, melody ect..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20239223/Moon%20Over%20Old%20School.mp3

PACO

Good start, Paco. Any more?

Attitude @ FAWM

I didn’t even realize that this FAWM thing was going on, but I checked, and this was definitely done on Feb 1st, so it qualifies, so I submitted it to fawm.org, lol! I’m working on another I hope to have done, today, called “Snowed In With You”.

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Feb. 04 2011, 1:50 AM)

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 03 2011, 6:33 PM)

that is the best song youve done for quite a while & like tonys one i wanted to play it over again
are you realy sure you arent snowed in with steve miller in your basement

I just put in an ad in the local paper for free cheeseburgers, and he showed up at my door.
:D

Honestly, I have always loved Steve Miller's stuff, but I've never had anyone tell me that anything I've done is in the same sonic territory.
Thank you, Tina!
I am deeply honored.
and this one was not even done on a strat, but on a PRS.
(With p90s, perhaps that does it)

Even better - Friday is committee day, and because of the snow the committees did get all the paper work, so I just got a call telling me that everything is rescheduled for two weeks from now! Nothing to do today! What shall I do? Oh, well, I guess I could fire up the DAW and see what happens... :agree:
Quote: (TonyR @ Feb. 04 2011, 4:13 AM)

Quote: (Paco572 @ Feb. 02 2011, 6:29 PM)

Here is a tune from my new album "Moon Over Old School". This is the title song. I'm not sure how well it will sound, I'm in the process of getting some studio monitors so I can really give that tone. This is a mastered version, so I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think of the sound quality, melody ect..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20239223/Moon%20Over%20Old%20School.mp3

PACO

Good start, Paco. Any more?

Yup there's 9 more. Started in Nov on the project. It was a departure from my own previous styles, the latter being a theme on the subject of drugs. This time around I decided to make things slower. I was initially looking at doing something along the lines of Pink Floyd style but of course that never panned out....LOL!! ;and so it turned into something completely different unintentionally. Apart from slowing things down from my usual pace it developed into a theme purely by accident and that being old school bikers, not hells angles or anything like that but the types of bikers we see today, family people, well to do, those who simply just love to ride and be with their friends. A lot of inspiration came from poems about bikers and more specifically the "bikers poem". Since I've never taken a single guitar lesson in my life, I don't expect to ever make it big, nor do I want to, but if a few souls enjoy my music and it sounds good in my car, I'll be satisfied with that. Nothing like rocking to your own tunes with the window down.

I'm in the process right now of getting some good quality studio monitors (JBL LSR2328 plus matching sub and MSC1 room calibration tools) so I can master these to get the tones just right. Trying to master on a computer sound system, the logitech Z5500, is just not cutting it. I reckon it to like painting a master piece (I'm not that good) and then after wards framing it in "Glad Garbage Bags" if you know what I mean. It'll be few weeks before I'm done, but when I release the album it should be pretty good...at least I hope so given the money I'm about to blow.

Thanks for the interest,

PACO

Just an update, I’m sitting in Boston Pizza on my iPod
waiting to get some tires installed on my truck and then I’m going to pick up my studio monitors. I can’t express
in words what this means to me. It’s been long time waiting for this day.

Cheers PACO

Yay! :agree:

Quote: (Paco572 @ Feb. 05 2011, 9:15 AM)

Just an update, I'm sitting in Boston Pizza on my iPod
waiting to get some tires installed on my truck and then I'm going to pick up my studio monitors. I can't express
in words what this means to me. It's been long time waiting for this day.

Cheers PACO

Sounds good. What monitors are you getting?