Feature Request, EQ Properties Window

Button management improvements

Hello,

I see a need for some improvements to the Track EQ Properties Screen. Namely the buttons that control Compression Ratio, Threshold and Output Gain.

Problem: When you initially click on these buttons they immediately change, depending on the position of your mouse when you click on it. This is somewhat frustrating because when I set a value there and want to make an adjustment, the value gets changed the very second I click on it, therefore I have to reset the value. I also have to write down the value I set so I can remember where it was set to. It’s very frustrating.

Improvement: What is needed are one of two things or even both, I should be able to highlight and make active any of the buttons with out it making any changes to it or click on the values and have a small window pop up and set the value manually like I can with EQ/volume settings on the mixer window.

Notes: I can, once the button is clicked on use my middle mouse wheel to adjust the values, this is fine but I have noticed that when my mouse hovers over any of the other buttons they change color indicating these buttons become highlighted. Even though I highlight another button, by hovering over it, the one I clicked on remains active until I click on another button despite being able to highlight the other buttons without clicking on them. (Is that a bug?)

Comment: I think this would make things less cumbersome and more productive within this section of n-Track. :)

PACO

Hey Paco,
While you’re on the subject of making things “less cumbersome”, mind if I add a related feature request? I find the Attack and Release knobs somewhat difficult to use. Normally when I have a particular desired setting, I’ll adjust the knobs to get an approximate value, then flick the wheel mouse over and over to get the exact amount. Would it be possible to have an option where you can just input the values you want?

Quote: (Paco572 @ Jan. 12 2011, 11:22 AM)

Hello,

I see a need for some improvements to the Track EQ Properties Screen. Namely the buttons that control Compression Ratio, Threshold and Output Gain.

Problem: When you initially click on these buttons they immediately change, depending on the position of your mouse when you click on it. This is somewhat frustrating because when I set a value there and want to make an adjustment, the value gets changed the very second I click on it, therefore I have to reset the value. I also have to write down the value I set so I can remember where it was set to. It's very frustrating.

Improvement: What is needed are one of two things or even both, I should be able to highlight and make active any of the buttons with out it making any changes to it or click on the values and have a small window pop up and set the value manually like I can with EQ/volume settings on the mixer window.

Notes: I can, once the button is clicked on use my middle mouse wheel to adjust the values, this is fine but I have noticed that when my mouse hovers over any of the other buttons they change color indicating these buttons become highlighted. Even though I highlight another button, by hovering over it, the one I clicked on remains active until I click on another button despite being able to highlight the other buttons without clicking on them. (Is that a bug?)

Comment: I think this would make things less cumbersome and more productive within this section of n-Track. :)

PACO

:agree: I third that.