Feature Request for Flavio

EQ Notifcation improvments

I have a feature request to aid in "the accidental adjusting of the EQ small buttons"

Let me explain, in a recent new feature we are now able to make initial adjustments to the small EQ buttons by clicking on them and adding a value. This makes the initial adjustments easy in the sense the EQ’s can be matched in values (2 Stereo tracks for example) as apposed to eye balling it or opening the EQ properties window and setting the values there. One of the issues surrounding this new feature is the double clicking on the buttons to open the values box, if done carefully the value box can be opened without accidentally changing the value but more often than not, I seem to accidentally turn the nob changing the value when I double click on it. This creates a problem especially if I forgot what the value was. What is needed is, when the mouse is over the EQ a pop up box appears indicating what channel and track the mouse is hovering over, “the value of what the EQ is at should be shown as well”, so in the event I accidentally change the value when double clicking on it, I will at least know what the value is before hand so I can easily keep track of the value without having to double click on them to find out. With a large number on tracks, it’s impossible to keep track of these initial settings unless I write them down or open the EQ properties box, which defeats the purpose of using the initial adjustments feature.

So in a nut shell, when hovering the mouse over any EQ button, the value should be displayed (added> new feature) in addition to track number and EQ button information which is already displayed. In doing this, I will be able to keep track of the initial EQ settings without having to double click on them. Without it of course, mouse clicking has the potential to accidentally change the setting to another value and potentially complicates things, especially if I forget what the value was set at in the first place. It’ll keep things organized and speed things along IMO.

As a side note, sometimes when adding values like 5.7 to the EQ box or in the EQ properties page it will change the value to 5.6 instead. Not all values do this but a few act this way, is this bug? Should add this to the bugzilla Flavio?

Thank for listening

PACO

Quote: (Paco572 @ Jul. 19 2009, 1:30 AM)

I have a feature request to aid in "the accidental adjusting of the EQ small buttons"

Let me explain, in a recent new feature we are now able to make initial adjustments to the small EQ buttons by clicking on them and adding a value. This makes the initial adjustments easy in the sense the EQ's can be matched in values (2 Stereo tracks for example) as apposed to eye balling it or opening the EQ properties window and setting the values there. One of the issues surrounding this new feature is the double clicking on the buttons to open the values box, if done carefully the value box can be opened without accidentally changing the value but more often than not, I seem to accidentally turn the nob changing the value when I double click on it. This creates a problem especially if I forgot what the value was. What is needed is, when the mouse is over the EQ a pop up box appears indicating what channel and track the mouse is hovering over, "the value of what the EQ is at should be shown as well", so in the event I accidentally change the value when double clicking on it, I will at least know what the value is before hand so I can easily keep track of the value without having to double click on them to find out. With a large number on tracks, it's impossible to keep track of these initial settings unless I write them down or open the EQ properties box, which defeats the purpose of using the initial adjustments feature.

So in a nut shell, when hovering the mouse over any EQ button, the value should be displayed (added> new feature) in addition to track number and EQ button information which is already displayed. In doing this, I will be able to keep track of the initial EQ settings without having to double click on them. Without it of course, mouse clicking has the potential to accidentally change the setting to another value and potentially complicates things, especially if I forget what the value was set at in the first place. It'll keep things organized and speed things along IMO.

As a side note, sometimes when adding values like 5.7 to the EQ box or in the EQ properties page it will change the value to 5.6 instead. Not all values do this but a few act this way, is this bug? Should add this to the bugzilla Flavio?

Thank for listening

PACO

Build 2490 will have the EQ and Volume tooltips showing the current setting.
The fact that some volume settings are slightly changed is not technically a bug, it is related to the internal resolution with which the volume parameter is stored, which currently is limited to about 200 ticks between -Inf to the top of the volume range, so not every value is possible. The resolution will be increased in one of the next versions.

Flavio.

Hi Gents:

This keyboard access addition, is so nice to the E.Q. Buttons on the strips…
I had a chance to try them out early this morning…

Thank you Flavio…
:)
:agree:
:laugh:

Bill…

As always, thank you Flavio. :D

PACO

I have b 2490 installed…
Thank you again Flavio…

I’d say He has been working in the installer/setup coding…
The install sequence (events) is slightly different from earlier versions-and-builds…

The other thing I’ve noticed is…
The CPU Usage is down again…
It’s tough for me to guesstimate the amount, as I don’t have the timeline full of tracks and plugs and all…
BUT… I will estimate and say it’s down by some 40-50%…
I know that the CPU Usage is a relative judgment but as the CPU Usage goes down, the stability of your machine and editing and plug usage goes up…
Well…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jul. 20 2009, 4:24 AM)

I have b 2490 installed..
Thank you again Flavio..

I'd say He has been working in the installer/setup coding..
The install sequence (events) is slightly different from earlier versions-and-builds..

The other thing I've noticed is..
The CPU Usage is down again..
It's tough for me to guesstimate the amount, as I don't have the timeline full of tracks and plugs and all..
BUT.. I will estimate and say it's down by some 40-50%..
I know that the CPU Usage is a relative judgment but as the CPU Usage goes down, the stability of your machine and editing and plug usage goes up..
Well..

Bill..

Same here Bill, same project loaded that was running around 22 - 25% cpu has cut down to 7 - 9% cpu.
I haven't changed anything in the project, I keep it the same for evaluating new builds.

Thanks Flavio!

I used to have a 16-18 track project loaded on the timeline… It was full of plugs and all…
It was great to use it as a test timeline to check new build(s) and n-Track’s behaviour and all…
I have to get busy and load all those plugs and call it up on one of these Dual Processor machines…

Bill…