FEATURE REQUEST

Paino Roll and trk/drum properties

I’ve worked with the paino roll and a midi track now and have a couple feature requests based on build 2461.

When accessing the track or NOTE properties dialog box by clicking on the name to the left of the track.

FROM THIS DIALOG BOX IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A ‘SAVEAS’ FEATURE. So one could name the settings for their drums. Instead of moving tracks each time they add a new midi file.

WHEN HIGHLIGHTING A TRACK TO MOVE, IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO RIGHT CLICK AND CHOOSE UP AND DOWN MOVEMENT FOR THE HIGHTLITED TRACK TO MOVE IT TO THE PROPER DRUM NUMBER.

Either one would be a big help, if they are possible.
Thx

Quote: (Levi @ Feb. 28 2009, 5:31 PM)

WHEN HIGHLIGHTING A TRACK TO MOVE, IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO RIGHT CLICK AND CHOOSE UP AND DOWN MOVEMENT FOR THE HIGHTLITED TRACK TO MOVE IT TO THE PROPER DRUM NUMBER.

I think most nTrackers use a verity of drum programs including ndrummer.

But to be able to move a beat line up or down with out touching it would be great. (with arrows) They wouldn't have to be on that dialog box.
Anywhere would be cool, please consider.

When
your in the painoroll, the beats look like tracks.
I mean beat, or drum of a kit.
So I'm calling it a drum or note line.
'drum line' in this case.
Move the drum line with arrows to a different drum number, without disturbing it's timing, position.

i use the LASSO feature to capture the notes i want then drag them up or down - if i make a mistake then i use undo and its back to normal - if you dont save (export) the file then nothing has moved next time you import the file - so all in all you cant go wrong by experimenting -

i find that using MIDI tracks designed for bass guitar, piano or organ then lassoooooooooooooooing all the notes then dragging them into the GM drum range gives some very interesting drum hits using NTD -

M.R.

Lassooing? U have a western’ version of nTrack? do ya?
??? Hmmmmm?
I like your bass conversion experiment idea on a drum line :agree:

ha ha ha - leftclick anywhere in the piano rooll and drag the mouse - a bow will appear, any MIDI notes captured within the box will be selected, release mouse move the cursor over ANY selected note untill the corsor changes to a direction arrow click now clickdrag and all notes selected will move as a block

M.R.

I C!
That sounds good and will help.
Is that in the help files?
Anyway, I’m going to have to send you a session fee for all your help!
Much appreciated good man!
You are a man aren’t you? lol
Let me look at your profile.
Oh darn you have a 5.
I was going to treat you to some higher digits.
I’ll make it up to ya some how.
Thx MR!