Feature request

The wav file format is a static format. Flavio can’t do a thing about that to add meta data or the like. Sounds like you need to name your mixed down files better. The tagging you have seen has likely applied to MP3s, BWF and WMAs as they support that sort of meta data.

I think Levi summed it up… :laugh: Sorry Levi… It’s like High schooler’s watching the shorts walk by… A twenty year old with too much time on his hands… OR… two bulls in the upper pasture… lookin down at the lower pasture… or something…

It’s great… as long as it doesn’t drag down n-Track’s streaming performance…

Bill…

:laugh: Bill!

Hey Jerem? Wouldn't it be a little easier for you to add some clue to the mixdown name instead of having Flavio write a script for that? lol I suppose it could be a useful feature but hey what's a few letters?

I think the list could get pretty long to save in a title. The information feature would be helpful. For now, I save the sng file as .sng in the folder for the song. Then I can look at what I did later , of course this does not necessarily tell me what tracks I may have left out of the mixdown if I chose to exclude them in the mix instead of Muting them ( I mute them because I am auditing the mixdawn before I do it.)
Flavio did add a feature that gives some basic information about a file if you hold the cursor over the file’s name (about two seconds) when you are selecting to open, however this is the same information you get if you use the show details in Windows (its in the Open song project box).
To slightly amend the suggestion, and maybe make it more easily done by Flavio
- perhaps a right click could bring up the Song Comments file that is saved with the sng file now. Of course, this makes the feature you are suggesting less automatic, but maybe it would add enough information considered important to the project without actually opening the sng file.
What do you guys think?
Bax

Well since you asked; I think Flavio has more important fish to fry, it’s to easy to signify in the title.

RE Jerm

Quote:

I usually keep saving new poject files as the song progresses like “vocal1” Vocal2, Vocal3 etc etc… (and then the dates of the files themselves helps narrow down a specific song project if I am liking the mix…however it does not always work…that is occasionally I cannot pinpoint the exact project file the mix came from.

You could always create shortcuts to certain (any) file or folder and rename the shortcut as an added reminder of the file/folder particulars.
Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 23 2009, 11:46 AM)

:laugh: Bill!

Hey Jerem?
Wouldn't it be a little easier for you to add some clue to the mixdown name instead of having Flavio write a script for that?
lol I suppose it could be a useful feature but hey what's a few letters?

Well I have seen it already in MP3 editors, I did not have any idea it was a difficult thing to do with a wav. file as Bubba explains.

9 times out of 10 I can trace a mix down to the right project file, by the for mentioned process....it's really just a time issue since I have to open up or scan over project after project (to get the date and time) till I find it.

Have read all the suggestions guys, living learning....

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

A pop up warning.
This could be considered a little to much too, BUT, when you copy a part of a wav file and paste it into a midi track by accident, n crashes.
If your zoomed in you can’t tell that the next track is a midi track.
I’ll use any blank looking track to momentarily hold copied parts untill I figure out the positioning
would it be possible for a pop’up to give a warning stating that one can not past wav onto a midi track? Instead of the user thinking nTrack has problems because it seems to crash without warning. lol When your zoomed in you can’t tell.
I edit my drums in waveform but have the empty midi track to play the midi inst in to test samples for the song.
I’ll also put a blank wav track near the track I’m working on to hold parts. If you try to paste a wav part onto a midi track n doesn’t ask any questions it just crashes instantly.

Quote:

n crashes every time.

Say it ain't so... :laugh:

D

PS Sorry... devil made me do it... Did you file a bug report? It IS a bug...
:laugh: No I'm bug reported out, I'm sleepy. I doubt if many see this action but I can file one sometime monYANna. <----swag!

that one was easy to duplicate.
also try putting a plugin on a midi channel then press play that will do it to.
thats the only consistent way I can crash n these days and thats all intentional, the random times are mostly plugin related.
these are few far between nowadays. (betas don’t count)

I would still like to have Poppa Willis’ growing timeline idea implemented. it is annoying for the screen not to re-size when dragging and looping files.

Latest build test = the timeline does move with clip dragging.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 24 2009, 12:12 PM)

Latest build test = the timeline does move with clip dragging.

that does work, didn't notice that before, I think was focused on extending a loop would move the timeline instead of having to zoom out to continue extending the loop or use the mousewheel. be nice if they did the same for consistency.
little stuff though.

little stuff adds up… it’s all little stuff ain’t it?

its been little stuff kind of day with n, with revert to default madness thrown in.
I get to eat my words earlier about crashing and hanging. time to call it a day.