feature request

N-track not liking certain vsts

I understand that there’s some plugins that N-track isn’t going to like, and I’m alright with that. When you have a lot of VST files, though, it can be hard to find which one is the ‘bad egg’ so to speak. Is it possible to have the scan tell you which dll it is crashing on? Is there an easy way already to help in this process? Right now I keep two plugin folders: one for N-track vsts that it likes, and one for vsts that N-track doesn’t like. I also use Tracktion, and this way I can still keep those vsts around since they usually work in that program as well as a few other programs I use.

Some other programs have the option to have multiple Vst folders. That can solve maybe the thing.
Also you can request Flavio that the scanvst make a .log file while scanning (a text file where it write what problems it found or where it stops)

Do you have Windows XP? If so, when N-track crashes you can go into the error report that pops up and it will usually tell you the VST that crashed it.

Quote (Bubbagump @ Nov. 30 2004,09:11)
Do you have Windows XP? If so, when N-track crashes you can go into the error report that pops up and it will usually tell you the VST that crashed it.

Every time I tried reading through it, I couldn't locate what DLL it was crashing on. I had to go one by one removing each dll to see which one was causing it. It works, but very slow to get things resolved.
Quote (marce @ Nov. 30 2004,09:03)
Some other programs have the option to have multiple Vst folders. That can solve maybe the thing.
Also you can request Flavio that the scanvst make a .log file while scanning (a text file where it write what problems it found or where it stops)

Yes, something like that would be very helpful. I'll see about e-mailing him about it.

Wow! I asked and I received. Happy day!

Build 1721 - Saturday, December 3, 2004
The scan for VST plug-ins now creates a text file log (vstdat.log) that can be used to see if a plug-in is causing the scan to fail

Good!