Features galore... v. 1761+ up

“…can’t…resist…- upgrade now…”

Build 1761: Tooltip on volume evolution node shows volume level even when not dragging the node with the mouse

Have I been missing that particular feature for a long time...! Makes mixing even easier... - Perhaps this is as good a time as any to start using ver. 4.0.4 - after all, I have paid for it, and our latest project is a wrap... :D

This will also be an opportunity to test backwards compatibility with older, unfinished projects... - I am crossing my fingers now. Opinions and experience, anyone?

regards, Nils

You’re out of date Nils - there’s a build 1762 now!

I’ve just done that you’re considering. I’ve upgraded from V3.3 (rock solid) to V4.04 (it is still Beta), and so far the experience has been pleasurable.

I’ve had a few “wibbles” but I think that’s natural (I’ve upgraded to Win XP at the same time - yeah I know, only change one thing at a time, but I’m “between projects”).

The new features did it for me.

I’ve managed to load up some old projects (V3.3) and they seem to play OK, and I’ve done a tiny bit of basic recording. I guess only time will tell.

Feelings here seem to be mixed - some seem to be having a lot of problems with V4 whereas others don’t. YMMV

Mark

Hey Guys:
I tried v 4.0.3 some time ago and didn’t have a good expirence with it on my Intel P-111 with '98SE…

You think 4.0.4 build 1762 would be a good step forward , or do I need XP, as well… ??

Bill…

hurrah! I’ve been waiting for that feature!

:)

Yup, it’s a very good thing! Can’t wait to try it, but still nervous about upgrading. Might wait until I load XP on my machine.

Quote (woxnerw @ Feb. 10 2005,07:35)
Hey Guys:
I tried v 4.0.3 some time ago and didn't have a good expirence with it on my Intel P-111 with '98SE..

You think 4.0.4 build 1762 would be a good step forward , or do I need XP, as well.. ??

Bill..

Bill--
No, XP isn't necessary for 4.04. I'm running 4.04 beta (1762) on a Win2K PC, and have tested it a few times on a Win98SE PC, which worked fine. What kinds of problems did you have?

In any case, if you've tried 4.0.3 and had problems, I doubt 4.0.4 will improve the situation, unless the changelog shows something that applies. And if an underpowered CPU was your problem, perhaps there's a chance the track freezing option will make things work better? But if you do decide to try it, be aware that some people have had issues with their registration becoming invalid after upgrading (or something like that), in which case they had to contact Flavio to get new codes. At least that's the last I heard. Oh, and the EQ spectrum analyzer (displayed by default on a fresh install) is a CPU hog, relatively speaking, so if you're getting choppy playback you might want to try closing that window...

Tony