File access errors with latest 6.1

Hi all,

I’ve been using version 4 and 5 on winodws xp up to now. I just got a new machine with vista 32bit and I figured that since I’ve been very pleased with versions 4 and 5 that I’ll just go ahead and upgrade to version 6. I’m now getting a very frustrating error. I can open files, but I can’t create files within N-track studio. I tried to change the startup icon so that it can run under administrator mode, but it won’t let me check that checkbox. So what do I need to do to be able to create files? The funny thing is that when I try to save my *.sng file, the error states “error opening the file”. That’s it. It doesn’t say what file especially when I’m trying to save the file, not opening it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
G

Hi GAMacky:
I see bax3 is here… I hope he can get you up-and-running and point you in the right direction…

Bill…

UPDATE:

I’ve figured out a workaround which is very bizzarre. It’ll let me save a new project as long as I don’t change the default name of “new song.sng”. I then can rename the project file and then open and save it without any issue. I just can’t create a new project file with a different filename or I’ll get the “Error opening the file” error message. Is no one else running into this?

Thx
G

Back Again:

I was sure that bax3 would have replied with a FIX for the issue you have…

I don’t have a full grasp of the issue to are toying with…
It sounds quite bizarre…

The “Paper” icon with the Dog-ear’d corner should allow you to open a new project…
I must be missing something here…
I’m sure something is just screaming over my head…

Bill…