Finished King Bee

and licensed

You can hear it at mixposure http://www2.mixposure.com/Levi_Stringer

I like to release classic covers every now and then. This is a song that I jam all the time but not in the key of D. Thx to pop’s I now do it in the key of D. :agree:

Licenseing was done through harryfox.org songscan etc. They go by length of song. So I keep songs that I license pretty short. This king bee version is 4:04 and cost 17 bucks to license for 12 months or 2400 downloads. If I have 2400 sales or less, I’ll relicense it. If not then no harm it was fun to do and I have a cool version to jam. I’ve heard horror stories about colabs and licensing payouts, so I got a little chicken about colabing with it. I didn’t want to chance getting unlucky and decided to complete it on my own.
I really haven’t had much time to work on it. The guitar tracks didn’t take very long and I just spent about 5 hrs mastering it. They have been running a pizza special at work and we have been swamped! My part time job had me doing 60 hr weeks the last few weeks.
Anyway’ hope you like it :D

Nice mix, nice guitars, sorry I wasn’t in a dim bar with a warm beer. :agree:

Levi! All work and no ‘work’ makes Jack a …

Nice mix. What d’you monitor with?

Wow you guys like my mix?
Great!
The monitors for the most part where headphones.
I listened to this version for 10 mins here and there for the past 3 weeks with my Panasonic speakers and Alessis power amp.
But Fri I burned a version to give to my boss, when I heard it in my van I realized the bass guitar and the kick where canceling each other out.
So I started last night by giving those two instruments space.
About 4 hrs later I was thinking to myself, “wow best headphone mix I’ve ever had”.
Got lucky with the mix I guess, but I did do a few things intentionally different from what I normally do!

Tony, boring is true but it’s nice to have quieted the bill collectors
:agree:
TommyS, don’t you mean’ “dark room, cold beer, hot babe”?
:laugh:
Hey just because the song mentions cheating doesn’t mean the artist believes in that sort of thing.
I mean we all like to watch movies, that doesn’t necessarily mean we want to live them out!
:p Love is a powerful thing.
I appreciate the comments!

Oh yeAH, also wanted to mention that the song file is a 320k mp3, that might have something to do with it.

Yeah, I agree, good mix Levi.
And nice tasty guitar bits going on.

Quote: (pingcat @ Dec. 12 2009, 5:55 PM)

Yeah, I agree, good mix Levi.
And nice tasty guitar bits going on.

Thx pingcat! You know for yrs I've been thinking of how much I would love to add a blues harp. But just realized I can mimic harp with the slide!

Ok so now we can do a proper blues jam, no rules except vocal, then 24 bars of individual solo
inbetween verses per player and eveyone in on the rhythm.
Anyone intrested?
I'm in
:agree:

Yeah, great blues blues harp players seem to be able to screw with the mind in a way similar to great guitar players.
They seem to be able to make you see/envison things that are not always there on the surface, but are there in the depths.
As far as a blues jam, I’m interested.
But I say don’t limit the vocals to rules either.
Let them sing their freak blues flag, what ever it be.

Quote: (pingcat @ Dec. 12 2009, 11:17 PM)

But I say don't limit the vocals to rules either.
Let them sing their freak blues flag, what ever it be.

Right! I didn't mean it that way. :agree:

I did find a few oddities embedded in the tune…nothing major, but I’d characterize the piece as somewhere between ok and nice. :cool:

Thx Gil for the comment and listen!

Quote: (Levi @ Dec. 13 2009, 3:58 PM)

Thx Gil for the comment and listen!

Where's my "thx"? :laugh:

That was it! Watcha want cash? lol I appreciate the responce! If you want to add advice I’ll like that too.

Quote: (Levi @ Dec. 13 2009, 11:17 PM)

That was it! Watcha want cash? lol I appreciate the responce!
If you want to add advice I'll like that too.

You know all of the signs and the numbers, my friend.....

Hey you, this turned out awesome. love the overall sound, especially the guitar. Top marks hun. xxx :agree:

Quote: (flanders @ Dec. 14 2009, 6:10 AM)

Quote: (Levi @ Dec. 13 2009, 11:17 PM)

That was it! Watcha want cash? lol I appreciate the responce!
If you want to add advice I'll like that too.

You know all of the signs and the numbers, my friend.....

Thx gunner, checks in the mail :agree:
Quote: (ange @ Dec. 14 2009, 6:45 AM)

Hey you, this turned out awesome. love the overall sound, especially the guitar. Top marks hun. xxx :agree:

Thx Angie, I know you have a soft spot for the blues! I appreciate you! It's the power of blues! :)