FIREPOD

is this software compatible

i will soon be purchsing a presonus firepod 8i/o interface and it comes with cubase but i am more familar with N track but i am not sure if it is compatible, please let me know what you think

the firepod should be “compatible” with ANY recording software that supports its drivers, ie ASIO and such.

Quote (anotherloss4words @ Nov. 14 2004,12:01)
i will soon be purchsing a presonus firepod 8i/o interface and it comes with cubase but i am more familar with N track but i am not sure if it is compatible, please let me know what you think

It will indeed work. I just set up a Firepod with n-Track Studio 4.01 (soon to be 4.02) for my girlfriend's home studio (she's a singer) and experienced absolutely zero glitches even at 24/96 with the Firepod driver latency set to its lowest value of 1.5ms. We're using the WDM drivers. I'm not yet sure which drivers are the best to use, but these work great.

This is a massive improvement from the prior model, the Firestation. Not only were its MLAN drivers unwieldy, but the latest drivers and firmware update broke most Firestations and weren't compatible with Windows XP SP2. As a result, Presonus allowed us to trade up to the Firepod for $200 plus the old unit.

David

I love my firepod, too. The WDM drivers have kicked me out of n-track a couple of times, but the professional ASIO drivers have worked flawlessly. it came with Cubase, which is more complicated than a jet plane cockpit. I haven’t tried to use the Cubase effects w/ Ntrack yet. :laugh: